rider policy

Discussion in 'Prime' started by RobertSmith, Oct 19, 2011.

1. RobertSmith

RobertSmith Medium Load Member

ill be in springfield tomarrow so i will find out then, but my curiosity is killing me, So does anyone online now, Know the COmpany driver rider policy, and or pet policy

My wife wants to come on the road with me. This means getting a full sized truck (im in a lightweight) and our dog of course.

I'm thinking sense we will be living on the road it might be a good time to look into a lease, but we will cross that road down the line.

Just trying to figure out what hoops i'll need to jump threw to get another truck, rider pass, and pet pass.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. OpenRoadDreamer

OpenRoadDreamer Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Alabama
    There is a fee for both, but not sure of the exact number. Paperwork will need to be done with the DOT for your wife.

4. RobertSmith

when i had her ride with me when with swift it was a quick form

Im wondering if there is like say, a temp period you have to be with prime first.

5. OpenRoadDreamer

Apr 26, 2011
    Alabama
    That I'm not sure of... heard $350 for a pet deposit, but don't quote me on that

6. RobertSmith

thanks, I'll find out when i get to springfield tomarrow and I'll post the answers here for future drivers

GSWx Thanks this.
  7. OpenRoadDreamer

Apr 26, 2011
    Alabama
    Thank you! I was wondering the same questions. I want my cat with me.

8. sazook

sazook Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2009
    Springfield, MO

There is no fee for a rider on the lease side, not sure about company though.

9. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    I didn't have to put up a fee when I had a rider on the company side... just fill out the release form and fax it to my FM.

10. DenaliDad

DenaliDad Retired Wheel Dog

According to an earlier post, the pet deposit is $1,000 and is refundable. Apparently, the info is on the Prime website in the Benefits section.

11. GSWx

GSWx <strong>Doc In The Box</strong>

Aug 13, 2011
    Coastal Alabama.
    A thousand is expensive but on the flip-side those that pay such a high deposit, I would think, are more likely to take care of their pets and truck. I would pay the deposit but my two Cardigan Corgis have separation anxiety when apart.

I doubt my wife would ever ride with me: she might break a nail. :biggrin_25523:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.