Riding Bikes

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by Long FLD, Sep 2, 2021.

1. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    I figure most of us here are of the age we can appreciate this machine. I follow Second Spin Cycles on Instagram and he restores all sorts of 90’s model mountain bikes.

6FDC86E5-3DF6-475B-9983-96CE5C83CEED.jpeg

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TheIncredibleBulk

TheIncredibleBulk Light Load Member

Nov 6, 2020
    MS/LA
    Sweet! I always did want a Klein. Their stock paintwork was ###### back in the day!!

Long FLD Thanks this.
  4. cuzzin it

cuzzin it Road Train Member

Jan 19, 2008
    Berea, KY
    I own a Montague Paratrooper and a Dahon. They ride on passenger seat with seatbelt. I dont get much riding time while working lately, but get quality time on the Recumbents on weekends.
    Btw, there is Facebook group Truckers with Bicycles.

Long FLD Thanks this.
  5. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    I’ve been looking into Bike Friday just because they offer the Gates belt drive and it would be cleaner. I know nothing about folding bikes so I’ve been having fun doing research on them.

I’m not on Facebook or I’d join the group.

6. 86scotty

86scotty Road Train Member

Aug 27, 2017
    Appalachia
    Wow, I didn't know a few of you forum regulars were riders. I was a roadie for a bunch of years but have realized that it's just easier to walk/hike/run being OTR. I carried a nice Scott Hardtail on a high rack on my rig for the first couple years on the road and it got ridden once or twice. Rusted to bits and I don't even run up north much. Any piece of metal near a truck takes a heck of a lot of abuse, and I hated to see what happened to that nice, expensive shiny metal I paid nearly a grand for. And that's a cheap bike nowadays!

I have thought of getting a 'sock' to put a bike in to take it with me. I just can't see stuffing it in the cab anywhere, even a folding one.

https://www.amazon.com/VELOSOCK-Cov...t=&hvlocphy=9010269&hvtargid=pla-568420183130

FloridaRetired and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  7. cuzzin it

cuzzin it Road Train Member

Jan 19, 2008
    Berea, KY
    To fit my non folder, i took front wheel off and seat. Put forks down in footwell and draped on seat.
    Front wheel comes off the Montague to fit on seat
    You will be surprised how much riding can be done from a truckstop

Swine hauler Thanks this.
  8. JSanborn103

JSanborn103 Medium Load Member

Jan 20, 2021
    Do you ever get in trouble for going on railroads? I went on one before and saw 2 pickup trucks speeding for me. They were CSX staff. I ran before they caught me

D.Tibbitt and Brettj3876 Thank this.
  9. Brettj3876

Brettj3876 Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Land of local
    That's some epic country up there

10. Idaho MTN Driver

Idaho MTN Driver Bobtail Member

Jan 22, 2020
    Great pics. I love the purple steel hardtail. I'm a little old-school but to me the steel hardtail is the way to go. I'm on a carbon hardtail right now but definitely miss the steel bikes I've had in the past.

Swine hauler and Long FLD Thank this.
  11. Idaho MTN Driver

Idaho MTN Driver Bobtail Member

Jan 22, 2020
    Thanks for posting the video - that's great. Glad to know there are other mountain bikers around here. I do a lot of riding in North Idaho - tons of great singletrack around here.

Swine hauler and AModelCat Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.