Right turn accident

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Lunchbox714, Apr 8, 2018.

1. windsmith

windsmith Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    NEPA
    Did you even read the part that OP was found to be not at fault, and that the car driver was on his phone? smh

swervyjoe, WildTiger1990 and Bean Jr. Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    I'm curious who decided it was not the truck driver's fault? Unless it was God or a judge in the district court system, I'm not sure how much weight can be applied to this pronouncement

misc Thanks this.
  4. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
  5. Lunchbox714

Lunchbox714 Bobtail Member

Apr 8, 2018
    The insurance adjuster called me and told me I wasn't at fault.

6. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    YOUR insurance Claims Examiner? This is standard procedure in most cases. Naturally your insurance company is going to take the side and view that should keep them from a claim payout. But no doubt the insurance Claims Examiner at the motorist's insurance company is saying something quite different to their insured.

As was stated earlier. About all you can do is let the insurance companies fight it out in the way they routinely fight these matters out. Are you a company employee driver or an independent? Regardless, your mostly at the mercy of "the system" at this point. Tell the law firm who contacted you to stop calling you and get in contact with your insurance company as they are your legal representative in such matters ... they in turn will turn the matter over to their legal team.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
    Brickwall Thanks this.
  7. HotH2o

HotH2o Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2012
    Bunyan Springs, Colorado
    I’d wipe my ### with the letter and send it back.

IluvCATS, Woodys, TripleSix and 2 others Thank this.
  8. Hoofbeats

Hoofbeats Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Iraq
    Did you read the part where is said that that was what they lawyers would say? You should have because you quoted it. Do you really think the lawyers would be wasting their time if they didn't think they had a chance?

Did you read further down where the OP said that his insurance agent was the one that said he wasn't a fault? Do you think that will hold up in court?

Was the other driver cited by the police?

9. jraulpilot1998

jraulpilot1998 Medium Load Member

Aug 20, 2014
    All over U.S.A
    Was a Police report made??
    at the Scene of the Accident??
    Did the police report adjudicated the Fault..??

10. Espressolane

Espressolane Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Just south of the north 40
    First and foremost, stop,talking about this on any and all publicly available places.

Only talk to your safety departmant and your insurance people. No one else. If you are contacted by any one else, do not talk to them, only give them the name and number of your safety person.

You will be better off for this.

jammer910Z, Brickwall and TallJoe Thank this.
  11. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    Yeah OP better be quiet here, before it is settled.... if you must get it off your chest then talk in 3rd persons e.g. it was your uncle or a friend.
    They always send letters saying that they find you to be at fault. They got nothing to lose.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.