Rigmaster

Discussion in 'Prime' started by Scott72, Mar 15, 2017.

1. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    Had that coolant loss problem for the first 2 years. It quit loosing coolant but I'd still get a low coolant warning anytime it was really hot, even though it was full. Had to take the top cover off in places like Phoenix and Las Vegas so it wouldn't shut down.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Scott72

Scott72 Road Train Member

Apr 7, 2013
    Mine definitely isn't full when the alarm goes off. It's draining out somewhere, but I've checked and checked. No coolant on the ground or anywhere inside the unit.

4. archangelic peon

archangelic peon Medium Load Member

Dec 15, 2011
    Check your oil on dipstick & sniff to see if you can smell any coolant.

Probably warped head/blew head gasket & it's leaking into your oil.

Both are not out of the ordinary.
    The older ones especially are very sensitive to case pressure & too much oil or too thick oil in cold environment can chew that HG apart.

Scott72 Thanks this.
  5. albert l

albert l Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2013
    On the Road
    If it's not hitting the ground check for any white marks on engine
    You could have a seal leaking under pressure and evaporating at leak point due to heat from engine

archangelic peon and Scott72 Thank this.
  6. Scott72

Apr 7, 2013
    It's only 3 yrs old with under 6k hours. I would hope that wouldn't happen already, but I don't know where else it's going.

7. redoctober83

redoctober83 Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    Seattle, wa
    So you see any white or red marks around the overflow cap? Look on the underside of your cover when you remove it, do you see anything there? Many times that material will absorb the coolant.

8. Scott72

Apr 7, 2013
    I replaced the cap a month or so ago as it was coming out around the cap. I hoped that fixed my issue, but nope, still filling the thing every few days. I'll do some more inspecting today when I quit.

9. archangelic peon

archangelic peon Medium Load Member

Dec 15, 2011
    When I mention old, I am referring to all pre-Kohler engine models as a rule.
    If yours is the orange or yellow engine then it's pre Kohler.

Did you replace the over fill cap with another one that has a breather hole in the top?

Was boiling out of our old RM when hot out, then dripping onto the belts below causing banshee squealing & premature belt breakage.

See if you can ziptie the cover sensor button shut & run it on a hot day on very black asphalt with cover off to get a better view.

10. Scott72

Apr 7, 2013
    I ran it awhile this morning and there's a definite leak under the engine just above the fan on the bottom. Coolant started dripping on the ground this time. I'm going to have to get back to Springfield. If it wasn't for coolant leaks, this thing would be great, but this Rigmaster has sprung about 6 leaks over time. As always thanks for all the help guys.

11. albert l

albert l Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2013
    On the Road
    Get it to Bus n Truck

Bus N Trucks Accessories, LLC.
    311 E Evergreen St, Strafford, MO 65757
    (417) 736-9383

Google Maps

FullMetalJacket and Scott72 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.