Ringing and light flashing in bunk

Discussion in 'Volvo Forum' started by solorunner36, Oct 21, 2018.

1. solorunner36

solorunner36 Bobtail Member

Oct 21, 2018
    Ok....so one of my terminals broke on me today and the bunk started ringing with the red light flashing over my fan switch. I've read through few forms on here to see if I could find an answer to this problem and if not been able to. I've fixed the terminal on the battery, check the fuse on the wire and replaced it as well. I've also checked all of the fuses and both of my fuse boxes up top as well as all of the fuses in my bunk fuse box. I have a battery voltage reading of 13.2 so I don't think it's an issue with low voltage. I could be wrong though, not too
    Knowledgeable on matters such as these. I'm about to go absolutely nuts because this thing has been ringing since 10 this morning. Can someone please point me in the right direction here?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. LGarrison

LGarrison Road Train Member

May 19, 2011
    Sandpoint Idaho
    Feed your house mouse

4. VolvoTerry

VolvoTerry Light Load Member

Sep 7, 2015
    Based out of Omaha,NE
    Some trucks have a panic button, if you do, press it and that should reset it.

5. baha

baha Road Train Member

Jul 25, 2013
    ga
    were you using a cig. lighter plug in type of 12volt to 110 volt unit, that will make the sound you were hearing

6. Johny41

Johny41 Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2011
    Ontario, Canada
    If you got 13.2V with engine running is kind of low, mine shows over 13.8 to 14.1 with all lights on could be weak batteries ,alternator not charging properly or a short circuit draining voltage.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
  7. solorunner36

solorunner36 Bobtail Member

Oct 21, 2018
    I apologize it has taken me so long to let everyone know what was going on. I actually forgot that I posted this. I figured the problem out a few hours later. Pulled the bunk relay fuse out from under the fuse box in the top of my dash for about 30 seconds and plugged it back in. It reset and everything went back to normal. On a side note, I had to get my batteries replaced a few days ago because one had gone out on me and the other two had so much stress put on them from having to give off extra power. But all is well now and I thank you all for taking the time to reply.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.