rip-off john christner

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by highasakite, Jun 12, 2009.

1. Steel Tiger

Steel Tiger Road Train Member

Jun 6, 2012
    Orlando, FL
    Again I reiterate, it's not that the hoards of drivers that come through JCT's orientation each year are bad truck drivers, it's simply that most do not understand what it takes to run a business. Two different world. The best truck driver can be a bad business owner.

You absolutely must take out the "I'm gonna drive a truck at xyz company," mentality and become a business owner. Folks, that what JCT is. It has les to do with driving a truck and a Hell of a lot to do with managing a business. Company drivers, for the most part, have no decisions to make. They are given a load, some are routed a specific way, and some are even told where and how much fuel they can get. Those are decisions we have to make and in turn those decisions affect it bottom line.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. casc1

casc1 Light Load Member

Nov 22, 2011
    toronto
    You would think that JCT would have a better screening process then for potential candidates...rather than taking whatever warm arse hits the seat.

4. Child of God

Child of God Light Load Member

Mar 18, 2013
    Coeburn VA
    "At JCT, we pay every settlement" You heard it folks right here. Tiger is a company man pretending to be a driver! The truth has come out at last!!!!

Lol.....

5. Steel Tiger

Jun 6, 2012
    Orlando, FL
    Let me correct you. I'm a business person that contractually agrees to haul JCT freight via a commercial vehicle. I chose to work when, how, and where I want and enjoy around 100 days of each year with my wife, family, and friends.

That's what I've been trying to stress the last few years I've been on this forum: You don't have to Kil yourself to be profitable and smell the roses along the way. It's all in how you manage your business.

6. Steel Tiger

Jun 6, 2012
    Orlando, FL
    In all honesty, JCT is no different than most any other company. They need to fill trucks. Drivers should seriously evaluate whether they are able to run a business before they get into something they have no idea about.

Trafficcontrolxl Thanks this.
  7. Dinomite

Dinomite Road Train Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Looking 4 Rocks
    I find it funny when I read the JCT threads. The recruiter guys never have the problems. They are always relaying the loads with 2 much time. Running coast to coast. Then you get the guys who bought their fairy tale, and they are constantly having truck problems. They are getting crappy loads with 2 much time on it. Sitting for days waiting to get loaded. Guess with those good business skills you need to learn who to belly dance in front of to get the good good.

8. 074344

074344 Road Train Member

Aug 4, 2007
    Los Angeles, ca
    There have been so many threads on this website warning people to stay away from L/P deals. Why do people think that their experience is going to be different? Are there exceptions, of course. But they pale in comparison to the number of drivers who fail. Why do companies offer these deals? Because they can and people fall for it. Maybe they just like to see you move their freight for costs that they place on the driver. They are happy and you either never get home or fail. Either way, if you quit, it doesn't matter. There are so many willing to take the chance. These companies are not dumb. WE ARE!

copperfloor, Toomanybikes and Dinomite Thank this.
  9. Steel Tiger

Jun 6, 2012
    Orlando, FL
    For the record, I don't recruit, therefore all my income is based on loads. Secondly, any driver that gets a used truck out of orientation with more than 50000 miles is asking for problem. I say, get a brand new truck as soon as you can. Why? No repair costs. Less breakdowns mean less lost revenue. Sure the payments are higher, but at least you won't be spending money on repairs.

10. Dinomite

Dinomite Road Train Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Looking 4 Rocks
    So your little thingy at the bottom about JCT Driven is not a recruiting scheme?

11. bigdad7

bigdad7 Road Train Member

Jun 6, 2010
    ks
    Thats just an ignorant syatement records have shown maint costs are higher on newer trucks newer than 03 than older....sorry but 1200 a week in fixed cost with no hope of better than 1.30 a mile is nuts imo

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.