rip-off john christner

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by highasakite, Jun 12, 2009.

1. wonderdog24

wonderdog24 Medium Load Member

Mar 1, 2012
    Puyallup,Wa
    JCT doesn't allow you to trade on the equity... You have to sell it to a dealer/private buyer.... No need to lie about this guys

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bigdad7

bigdad7 Road Train Member

Jun 6, 2010
    ks
    I think you are still not getting it .....weather you are directly paying for reefer fuel or jct is paying you 70% of avg fsc rates and notvpassing through normal fuel discounts you are in essence paying for all the things they vlaim to take care of.....my fsc averages 53 to 62 cpm on most invoices and fuel discounts avg 30 cpg but keep repeating the company line that accepting a 40cpm fsc is a great deal if they pay for reefer fuel and ifta i garuntee you are getting the short side of that deal

4. Steel Tiger

Steel Tiger Road Train Member

Jun 6, 2012
    Orlando, FL
    Copperfloor, I have almost 20 years running a non-trucking multi-million dollar business with 400+ employees. I strongly believe that has a lot to do with it. I completely understand the business......the ups, the downs, the profit margins, the expenses, the penny saving tricks, etc.

Too many people look at trying to make a certain profit each week, and I believe that is a wrong approach. I look at my monthly profit. If I bring home $300 one week, that's all good, cuz the following week may be $1600, or a $950/week ave. I don't fret about it. I purposely try not to work hard (30,000k/ quarter). I make great money and take all kinds of time off. The more I run, the higher my payments are, and like I mentioned earlier, I AM NOT trying to pay this thing off. Those that want to pay their trucks off, great! I wish you luck and if I can offer any advise to help, I'll try.
    Lastly, as I've said before, you have to get out of that truck driver mentality. At JCT, you are not a truck driver.....you are a business owner that drivers a truck. Manage the business and you will be profitable.

Alanp613, drvrtech77 and Treputt Thank this.
  5. Steel Tiger

Jun 6, 2012
    Orlando, FL
    I guess I'm lying when I traded my last truck in to JCT and got a nice chunk of change. Understand this wonderdog24, I don't lie about anything. I have no need to. Believe me, don't believe me....doesn't really matter. I HAVE NOTHING TO PROVE TO YOU!!!! You don't share my roof or pay my bills. Anyone that knows me, knows I'm not lying about a single thing.

Trafficcontrolxl and Alanp613 Thank this.
  6. Steel Tiger

Jun 6, 2012
    Orlando, FL
    Got a question for you.....what (not how much) do you pay for where you're at and what does your company pay for? At JCT, besides our fixed expenses, the only 2 things we pay for are fuel and maintenance. JCT pays for everything else.

Alanp613 Thanks this.
  7. Steel Tiger

Jun 6, 2012
    Orlando, FL
    I'll say this again. Is JCT the greatest company to lease on to? NO. Are they the worst? Hell NO. Can you be profitable here? Absolutely. Can you fail here? Absolutely. The thing that gets under my skin are the lies that are posted here. Slam if you want, but PLEASE GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT!!! Most of the gripes here are from former JCT drivers that failed at JCT. They probably would have failed anywhere else too. Don't take it personally, but not everyone has a business sense. Its not a slam.
    When it comes to mechanical stuff, I'm the most ignorant person I know. :biggrin_2557:But, when it comes to the business, I'm awesome.:biggrin_25525: This is all about making the right business decisions. Bottom line: some can.....some can't.

Alanp613 Thanks this.
  8. Treputt

Treputt Medium Load Member

Mar 15, 2013
    Sacramento, CA
    Not much more I could add to to this discussion that Steel Tiger hasn't already covered. But I will share a few last thoughts...

The business model at JCT isn't particularly ground-breaking. Nor is it I'm sure the absolute best plan for success out there. But what it is, IS a plan for success. Are there failures at JCT? Sure....absolutely there are. Just as there are failures in every single other business on this planet. If JCT's plan offered a 100% guarantee of success, would there be any turnover to speak of? Not much I'm sure. What you are offered is a chance to succeed, a chance to be your own boss and make your own decisions on how to be profitable. There are also tangibles at JCT that go a long way in my book....

- Helpful, friendly staff and management (and co-drivers) that treat you like you have a name.
    - Long length of haul, and plenty of miles each week.
    - A clear, concise business plan. Making it work is my job. Nothing more, nothing less.

And finally, I'll bow out of this discussion and leave it to the haters...but I want to share my favorite analogy that most definitely applies to trucking; Say you walk into a business seminar, into a room with 100 people seated. On one half of the room sits 50 people who have all failed at the business plan you're about to undertake. On the other side of the room sits the other 50 who have prospered and made the plan work. Now you're new to this plan, and have a decision to make...who do you sit with? Do you sit with the failed side? Or the side with the success? Now I'm sure there are lessons to be learned from both sides, but if I have a choice of what advice to receive and tips and info to gather, I'm choosing to sit with the successful people. If I'm given an opportunity to pick the brains of people, I'm going with people who are successful. .... My point? TTR is a great tool for info from fellow drivers on all things trucking (obviously), but what info you glean from this site may directly correlate to what type of business owner you are. Want to be successful? Listen and take notes from the successful drivers. Want to reinforce your own negative, always gloomy look on the trucking industry? Then listen and take notes from other unsuccessful, gloomy drivers. That's my point.

Carry on....

jbizzle, mikedadriva, hi beam and 3 others Thank this.
  9. Steel Tiger

Jun 6, 2012
    Orlando, FL
    Well said.

Alanp613 Thanks this.
  10. bigdad7

Jun 6, 2010
    ks
    Current carrier pays reefer fuel washouts lumpers cargo liability etc my only deductions are plates occ acc and pd

11. bigdad7

Jun 6, 2010
    ks
    Did do ok at jct paid cash for a diffrent truck and left for better opportunities.....and i should say i pay ifta but normally get a refund

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.