rip-off john christner

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by highasakite, Jun 12, 2009.

1. Evomalo

Evomalo Road Train Member

Apr 7, 2013
    It's a useless argument.

HalpinUout Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Raging Bull69

Raging Bull69 Light Load Member

Jan 22, 2016
    I'm back to being a company driver and at the end of the year i get money back from the IRS..... it's not always that i have to pay them depending if it's a tax break season.

4. TAfool

TAfool Medium Load Member

Dec 8, 2012
    Are you serious? What I'm pointing out is the idiocy of the "you're broke" statement. It has nothing to do with personal or business assets.

As for the "let's say..." hypothetical, the same could be said about your own personal assets where they are destroyed by Godzilla and Rodan fighting and your insurance declares non payment under the "act of god" clause. That would be a rediculous argument.

Some valid points were initially raised and I addressed those with real answers. Now those answers weren't the doom and gloom that was wanted so now we're reaching to the bottom of the barrel to come up with "but, but, what if...." scenarios.

Good grief.

TA

5. TAfool

Dec 8, 2012
    Ah! So now we're getting somewhere. So let me get this straight....if I borrow money from a bank it's "A OK" and everything is fine but if I borrow the same amount (or even $1) from some non bank entity then, " By God, son you be broke!"

We are really scaping the dregs of the barrel to justify the outcome that is desired.

TA

88 Alpha and drvrtech77 Thank this.
  6. TAfool

Dec 8, 2012

So what you are saying is everybodys situation is exactly like yours so every one should do things the way you would? Got it.

News alert, an L/P is a viable option for some. Just because it is not a good fit for your personal situation does not mean it's no good for anyone else.

TA

51.50, MachoCyclone and drvrtech77 Thank this.
  7. Raging Bull69

Raging Bull69 Light Load Member

Jan 22, 2016
    I think you got that wrong! I have been both company driver & lease owner driver.... i would choose company over lease any day! I will tell you why.... with lease you have to take care of your truck with money out of your pocket! You may get a fuel surcharge to help split the cost with the company but overall your responsible for the cost of your own truck! The difference is that lease drivers have a little more freedom to do what they want as to a company has to follow the rules. Lease gets paid more because they need the money to take care of their trucks, company drivers don't. At the end of the year, Lease drivers have to pay the IRS in taxes because the company they work for do not take taxes out of their checks every week as to company drivers do have taxes paid out if their checks every week! Me personally i just got back on my tax return $2,000 this year. Company drivers do not owe every year..... maybe once every few years! There is not much of a difference between the 2 type of drivers except that the company driver is not locked into owning a truck that he does not want. Give me a peterbilt and i will reconsider doing the lease thing again but try to push me owning anything else like a volvo..... nawwwwww!! You can keep your truck homie, i'll stay a company driver!!!

8. TAfool

Dec 8, 2012
    ^^^^
    And this crap up here is why I normally keep my mouth shut. I get tired of people regurgitating crap that has been shoved down their throat or that they willingly gobble up.

Misinformation, disinformation, outright lies or simply personal opinions that have no basis in facts seems to be the general consensus. Given that, I will take a cue from Hank jr....."Mind your own business, and if you mind your own business you won't be minding mine...".

I'm going to mind my own and let the true professionals disseminate their sage words to the plebs.

TA

88 Alpha and drvrtech77 Thank this.
  9. p608

p608 Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2016
    You said if you get too deep in the hole JCT will cut you off, then you said that they raised your maint deduction, so you in a hole already, If your only recourse is to borrow more money from the company then you are broke. My life is not going to change one bit no matter what you do, and I know I'm not going to change your mind, but sooner or later JCT will cut you off, as they have many others.

10. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    That's not an accomplishment, it's an admission of financial ignorance.

VolvoTerry and drvrtech77 Thank this.
  11. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    How people realize that when you get money back on your tax return that's not the government saying here here's some money for you it's more than saying thank you for the interest free loan for the past year you overpaid

VolvoTerry and 88 Alpha Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.