RIP Stan

Discussion in 'Car Hauler and Auto Carrier Trucking Forum' started by Hammer166, Dec 5, 2021.

1. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    I don't know for Sure but I heard Arby's got a better deal on theyre bread from what was coming from rottellas baking in omaha .

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Hulld

Hulld Road Train Member

Oct 19, 2015
    Upstate NY
    Yes that’s another terrible stretch of highway I travel often.
    I get off in Nichols and shoot down to waverly to load at state line auto auction.
    On another note the Dandy there usually has decent pizza and I never have trouble finding a parking spot lol.

4. LBZ

LBZ Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2008
    Road to Nowhere
    I knew Stan for years & worked at KTE from 2018 through 2019, he was a non smoker. I have no idea if he ever did, but Covid is not a result specific to smoking.

ICU bed availability (& any given hospital having the appropriate staffing to cover them) is the reason he ended up outside of Salina. When ANY patient spends more than 30 days on a ventilator due to Covid, the chances for a recovery become smaller due to organ failure. As the immune system fights to breathe, the heart, kidneys & liver among others become the next issue.

More to the point, we remained in touch & I miss getting to talk with him for a few minutes here or there. He was super excited about his truck/trailer design & what the combination accomplished for his business model. He had as much energy as 30 year old when discussing trucks, Pontiac's or his dogs with a work ethic to match. A good man & friend were lost decades too early due to Covid.

5. h2oskibumz

h2oskibumz Bobtail Member

Jan 4, 2011
    Columbia, MO
    Why don't you stay in touch with me, you goober? Was in San Marcos the other night and Ubered to The Gristmill... almost called you but wasn't sure if the number I have for you is any good...

Currently pulling one of Stan's old Sun Countries (one of the lightweight 4 cars with the tilt on #2) Prob one you've pulled at some point.

6. Otr Traveler

Otr Traveler Bobtail Member

Nov 19, 2020
    He certainly was, doing business with him was easy!

mjd4277, Ziggy319, Tall Mike and 4 others Thank this.
  7. kwswan

kwswan Road Train Member

Jul 26, 2009
    mcminnville,tn.
    20220223_151149.jpg Saw this in Louisville earlier & I thought of this thread. RIP sir.

8. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    He certainly was an innovator and his posts were knowledgeable and helped people keep an open mind-and of course made people laugh along the way.
    R.I.P. brother-you are truly and will be missed!

9. bad-luck

bad-luck Road Train Member

Nov 16, 2013
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Sorry to hear that.

10. Otr Traveler

Otr Traveler Bobtail Member

Nov 19, 2020
    Saw one of his orange trucks not long ago,hopefully they can keep the company it running!

11. rolls canardly

rolls canardly Road Train Member

Feb 7, 2009
    mt. pocono. pa.
    Sorry to get this bad news.
    My sincerest condolences to the family, and to all that knew him.
    I only "knew" him from his posts on this forum,
    but u could tell from his posts he was a straight shooter,
    and a real likeable sort.
    RIP Driver, your load is delivered. Rest easy.

D.Tibbitt, Hammer166, mjd4277 and 3 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.