Ripped up my check in front of me!!Beware of Raider Express in Fort Worth Texas

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Opeth72, Sep 17, 2009.

1. Pur48Ted

Pur48Ted Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2006
    Grand Rapids, MI
    When I posted on DRD Motorsports, it wasn't like I was wasting time because I "needed be working", I WAS working and taking a few minutes to post about a BAD employer didn't really get in the way of doing that, OR hitting the bricks; looking for another job.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Pur48Ted

Pur48Ted Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2006
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Well....
    JB Hunt DID send his minions here for a long time, with their vicious vulgar attacks (and blatant recruiting), to the point that WiseOne had to permanently ban them.....except one, who has been AWOL for a long time.

4. Opeth72

Opeth72 Bobtail Member

Apr 18, 2009
    Cleburne, Texas
    OK, I see Raider has been on here. So since you can read what I say, let me address you directly.
    "First off, taking advice on how a companies payroll system works from another driver is probably not a good place to start. You were in no way a part of a state-funded program with us. it was an error in payroll that "d.r." was trying to correct with the comcheck he had for you. "
    ------This is in most part a total fabrication. First of all, this is Chris. You rememeber me obviously. Who are you? I didn't have a driver tell me this. You (or DR) told me upon leaving for my "finishing" trip to figure out my payroll issues. Is that not the job of office personnel? You asked my finisher to help me. He didn't tell me how your "payroll system works". And I know I was not in a program. I know you made an error. I wanted it fixed. It went on for weeks. And then I am asked to figure it out? You weren't correcting anything with that comcheck. You were simply paying me, and only part, what you owed me for work I had already done. The problem still exists. And I owe taxes on money I wasn't paid. I have the check stubs that prove this and you know that.

Secondly, the finisher did not have anything good to say about you. He said that you had a good TRAINER. He also said that you were not going to be a good driver and we would constantly have problems with you. He told us that you would constanly have something going on and would never want to work and that you were a whiner.
    -------- Another bold faced fabrication. He told me repeatedley he thought I would make a good driver. I actually questioned him on this because I am new. He told me he deals with rookies all the time and he can just tell these things. That is WHAT HE SAID. And by the way I have talked to him since. He is a good guy. How would he say I would always have something going on? We never had a conversation of such a personal nature. You amaze me with the ability to distort reality. Are you actually proud of this behavior?

This was already pretty obvious to us since after you came in with your trainer you disappeared for 7 days when no less than 5 people in our office tried to call you EVERY DAY and you never answered the phone. It was even more obvious when you went out for 2 days with the finisher and were unwilling to go to work after that.
    -------Another fabrication. I came in on a Wednesday morning early. I took off 2 days (after being out for the entire month of August and first days of September, so I apologize for needing to mow my lawn and see my kids) and then talked TO YOU DR on that Friday! You (or DR) told me the "finisher" would call me on Saturday night to leave. That call never came so I CALLED DISPATCH myself. I asked where the guy was, he told me Amarillo, I said I was going to sleep (as this was around midnight) and he said he would pas along the message. I then called you Monday and left a message (since you don't generally answer your phone). I then talked to you Tuesday and you said he was in Bryan and we would be back in the morning, would need some rest, and we would go out that evening. This actually did occur this time. So mark one, and just one, X in the "told the truth" column. And I was not unwilling to work after that. I told you I needed to go handle my money situation. A situation your error (that you admit now) got me in. You did not like that and expressed you had a lot of freight, which I understand. You spent freaking 20 minutes repeating it to me. And I continued to explain that fixing the problems you created for me was what I was doing first. That was not good enough for you, and that is your choice. I guarantee if your money was a mess because of someone else's "error" you would be all over it as well. How does tunnel vision work for you by the way?

"d.r." was actually being generous and cutting you a comcheck for more money than you were owed because he felt bad about the hassle you had gone through with the whole deal. For this, you call him a liar to his face and refuse to work. That kind of behavior tends to cut any ideas of someone trying to being generous.
    ---------This is my FAVORITE part. You were trying to be generous? Paying money I had already worked for? And for more than you owed? Wow. That you can continue this charade is amazing. Actually, the number you wrote, next to my numbers, which was less than what you owed, was not even what you made the check for. It was 1.45 less than what YOU WROTE DOWN. Seriously, get some ethics. I noticed but after all that hassle I was actually going to leave with what you gave me and worry about the rest later. However, your concern was getting me in that truck and sending me out. Then you could continue to screw up my pay and I would be out on the road with no way to address it, as was the case so many times before. I understand you don't care about the bind you put me in with the money shortage every week, but I had go and fix my bank account (that your actions were responsible for) and get some bills paid. And I never called you a liar. You claimed to have called me EVERYDAY. I told you I would be happy to bring you my phone records, showing my incoming and outgoing calls. (That offer still stands, by the way). This, I assume because of your inability to keep track of your phone calls, made you angry enough to then grab my check off the counter, rip it into little pieces, yes little pieces and start yelling at me to "F my money" and to "get the F out". I noticed you didn't address that part in your fascinating rebuttal.
    You can make up whatever you like if that helps you live with your behavior. It was unprofessional and unethical. And that is being kind. I have requested the money you owe me. I have not received it. So you will be contacted by a few different groups of people that I have informed of your "errors". If you think the state, and the people running the prgram you got in last month (yes, I found out who they were and had a chat with them) look kidly on this situation, well I guess just sit back and wait for it. This is not just going to fade away. You stole from me when you ripped up that check. And I have a firm belief in the fact that thieves should be prosecuted by the law.

I would suggest that you spend less time posting on message boards and more time working to support your family.
    --------Thanks for the advice here. I was not sure whether to look for work or not, but your advice cleared that up. What you fail to understand for whatever reason, is that my children will be taught that those without ethics will not be allowed to just commit their faults and walk away unpunished by our laws. Maybe this is your problem. You were never taught this. As I stated previously, this is not just "going away". You stole my money in my opinion, and that opinion is shared by the people you will soon be contacted by. I hope you laugh this off. I wish I could be there to watch when that smile fades. Let me give YOU some advice now. All you had to do was say these words: " We are sorry for the situation our mistake put you in. Go take care of your business, get it sorted out, get some rest and get back as quickly as posible so we can get you working and get our freight delivered." Had that been said, or anything close to that, this would not be happening. You would have a driver, I would have a job and what's coming down the pike would have never been launched. Feel free to post more distortions of the truth. I have the facts and papers to prove my words. I say beware of Raider Express because of these experiences. You may be a great company, but your actions in this matter do not reflect how a great company would behave.

Pur48Ted, bdmose, John Miles and 13 others Thank this.
  5. soon2betrucking

soon2betrucking Road Train Member

Sep 28, 2007
    Philadelphia, Pa
    ok, now, i didint no that about jb. and i sure hope that if the original post is really true that he does not get back on here and lash at " the real story " cause if he really does take legal action, lashing out prob would not look good i dont think.

6. simplyred1962

simplyred1962 Betty Boop, One Bodacious Babe!!!

Well stated, point for point, Opeth72! And, done respectfully, as well!!

Judi Kay

lonewolf4ad and FriedTater Thank this.
  7. soon2betrucking

soon2betrucking Road Train Member

Sep 28, 2007
    Philadelphia, Pa
    i guess i posted a lil to late,
    but i agree, well put, i wish i could be that fly on his wall. many walls for that matter :biggrin_255:
    i hope u keep us posted as to what happens as you learn new information.
    maybe more companies need people like you passing through every once an a while to hopefuly bring the truth out about companies. if things do work out in ur favor, hopefuly other companies will realize that people are serious about their hard earned money....:biggrin_25523:

8. FriedTater

FriedTater Keeper of The Snakes

Mar 25, 2009
    United State of Texas
    Could you PM me the names of those(2) for my understanding ?

I tried to bait them out but they didnt bite,I hope they return.

:biggrin_2559:

9. woflpack1967

woflpack1967 Light Load Member

Jun 12, 2009
    winston-salem nc
    wow opeth72 you let that loser talk to you like that and not knoke the s#$T out of him for talking to you that way. dam he be spiting some teeth out that for darn sure.noone would ever talk to me like that and get way with it like he did with you.:biggrin_25510:

10. rookietrucker

rookietrucker Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jul 15, 2007
    TEXAS
    We DO NOT condone violence on this site. Please refrain from this type of language in the future.

11. simplyred1962

simplyred1962 Betty Boop, One Bodacious Babe!!!

I believe he handled it the best way...polite, and respectful, while letting them know they were NOT going to get away with what they did.

Dignity, and self-respect. Good job, I say!

Judi Kay

Lurchgs, hotrod1653, stranger and 5 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.