Road testing Trucks

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by maffy95, Jul 23, 2021.

1. maffy95

maffy95 Light Load Member

Oct 20, 2012
    NYC
    Hey everyone, I was asked by a truck dealership to road test some vehicles to determine if there were any issues with some brand new trucks. Tractors, box trucks etc etc. I wanted to do it and it paid well, I recorded all data during road test and everything went well.

One truck had been giving us major issues with driveline and there were some shimmying and vibrations. This truck had extensive repairs and when completed the truck rode great.

Heres the issue... the head of the entire service department then drove the truck and apparently was doing a simulated load bearing drive when he began to power brake the truck, he proceeds to break the axle. It looked as if the someone had cut the axle.

Anyway, has anyone ever heard of power breaking a truck as a test for pulling a load?
    I havent found anyone who thought this was a good idea, please let me know your thoughts about this.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Roush does this test for Ford on their trucks, seen it at their Livonia testing location when I was delivering there years back.

4. baha

baha Road Train Member

Jul 25, 2013
    ga
    He found the weak link on that truck?

JoeyJunk Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.