1. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    I had a 70 Challenger SE, w/383. Gotta love Dirty Mary & Crazy Larry. It used to come on TV late night about once a year! The best of all time is Death Race 2000. Check out Legendary Interiors, They recently added the carpet set for the 66. Includes all the pieces. Might want to upgrade the master cylinder to a 1967 or newer, dual type. The 66 single shot original is dangerous. Inline tube in Shelby Twp Mi. sells the junction block you need. It’s a simple T. No proportional valve function. That came later. They also sell ready made to fit brake line kits and fuel line kits. All at affordable prices. There are certain oem Disc brake upgrades if you can find them. Certain 1974 b body vehicles like Satellite and Fury’s, old cop cars. I forget the exact criteria. But something to look into for an economical upgrade. Few things get me as excited as 1962-1974 Mopars. If I see any parts, I’ll let you know.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. OLDSKOOLERnWV

OLDSKOOLERnWV Captain Redbeard

Nov 29, 2011
    West Virginia
  4. rolls canardly

rolls canardly Road Train Member

Feb 7, 2009
    mt. pocono. pa.
    While I'm getting the motor to turn,
    I think I should have bumpers chromed,
    and all the interior parts to be sent with it.
    It has 4 bumperetts that were Dealer
    add on options in 1966.

I have a torpedo heater pointed toward it,
    on low, right now - to drive out all the moisture.
    Inspection sticker from 1979. Wow.

5. ducnut

ducnut Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2010
    SPI
    Time capsule. I love it. I’d just get it running, thoroughly clean it, and drive it as is.

6. rolls canardly

Feb 7, 2009
    mt. pocono. pa.
    I have a 1972 Dodge Charger.
    I agree on the single brake reservoir thing.
    I'll lose that immediately.
    Lots of good leads, thx!

7. rolls canardly

Feb 7, 2009
    mt. pocono. pa.
    the interior needs to go
    and new carpet set installed,
    after I get it up on lift to check floors.
    Seats need redone to get the odor out of them.

8. ducnut

ducnut Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2010
    SPI
    A good auto upholstery shop can do wonders for the seat foundations, while keeping the original covers. The odor is going to be in the foundations. Likewise, a good steamer can clean the carpets.

I had a carpet/upholstery cleaner do an interior in a Subaru for me. I removed the whole thing and dropped it off at his place. The previous owner was disgusting and I’m pretty certain one of his kids vomited in the back seat. It was left in his backyard, for several years, closed up. It was a 2yr-only model, highly desirable, and worth saving. I bought it out of a junkyard, where I’d just happen to be, when it was brought in. Now, I forewarned the upholstery cleaner of how bad it was. Upon seeing and smelling it, he said it was the most disgusting interior he’d seen or smelled. It was THAT bad. He gave me back a pristine interior with only two tiny spots he couldn’t get out of the rear carpet. That disgusting funk was completely gone. Reinstalled, it looked amazing.

This is a ~140yr-old chair I had an award winning upholstery shop rework. This chair was in several pieces and still had its original foundation, believe it or not. It looks like new.

7FC6530E-BDE0-4813-A3D8-E15C8BE30646.jpeg

A good upholstery shop can work miracles. You just have to find/know the right one. I’d at least investigate saving the original stuff.

9. rolls canardly

Feb 7, 2009
    mt. pocono. pa.
    Agreed; I will look into conservation, rather than restoration.
    It's only original once.

10. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    The original spinner hubcaps are nice. Best look.

The Railsplitter Thanks this.
  11. ducnut

ducnut Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2010
    SPI
    Not only that, it’s so easy to go down a rabbit hole. If this and that are new, everything else will look shabby next to them. Then, you’re buying the next set of pieces and on and on. You mentioned rechroming the bumpers, which are next to other aged pieces and so on it goes. That’s the great thing about just dolling up what’s there; it stays affordable, while still being enjoyable. I love that thing, man.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.