rolls canardly Road Train Member

Feb 7, 2009
    mt. pocono. pa.
    I think the bumper re-chrome is mandatory;
    the one has rust holes clean thru it,
    and they can weld in a patch,
    grind it out, and you'll never see it.
    In person the whole bumper has a green
    coloration to the chrome from the dampness.
    I don't think you can get that off the chrome.
    Plus side is, they both are straight.
    Oh, and it does have 4 original hubcaps in trunk.

I found an auto upholstery lady 30 miles from me
    that I now have a meeting set up with. We'll see.

The Railsplitter and ducnut Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. OLDSKOOLERnWV

OLDSKOOLERnWV Captain Redbeard

Nov 29, 2011
    West Virginia
    This Jeep I’m redoing set from 1993 till about 3 1/2 years ago. Father in law tried to sell it but folks looked and walked away.

He ended up giving it to me and telling me good luck, thinking as others did it was all junk.

Took me only 5 minutes to have the engine roll over, I hope you have as much luck as I did, you have a interesting project……

1ABDB705-2464-4F5F-BEB9-AE2039EA4ECA.jpeg D2233491-A748-41FA-A3B3-DE8B118B7A0F.png CBDCB050-FEAB-42A7-8C65-8BF32B6B860B.jpeg

4. ducnut

ducnut Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2010
    SPI
    WOW!!!

Only thing I’d offer is to look at a standalone EFI system, like Holley offers. You just can’t beat twisting the key and having it run perfectly, no matter what kind of tilt the Jeep is sitting on or how cold it is.

5. OLDSKOOLERnWV

OLDSKOOLERnWV Captain Redbeard

Nov 29, 2011
    West Virginia
    I’ve heard good things about those EFI setups and considered it for sure especially since this is for my wife….

ducnut Thanks this.
  6. ducnut

ducnut Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2010
    SPI
    Up front, Matt is a bit of Holley genius. He’s probably one of the most knowledgeable in the country, when it comes to these standalone systems. However, in this video, he does a junkyard plug-and-play to show just how easy they are to get running on an LS. No need to be a genius.

In this one, he just haphazardly tossed on a 1bbl Sniper TB setup and fire it right up. You know it isn’t staged, when you see the mechanical fuel pump start spewing. Haha.

Using Matt’s videos, I helped a buddy with component selection for his project, my buddy did all the fab and install work, the truck put down almost 700rwhp, on only 15lbs of boost. Matt’s channel is great for inspiration and guidance.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.