Roadmaster Driving School

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by bluesetter, Jul 23, 2022.

1. bluesetter

bluesetter Bobtail Member

Jul 23, 2022
    We‘ll see. Lawyers were pretty excited to get moving on it. I’d guess tuition and expenses (lodging, lost wages for retest dates...) will be refunded. Some guys will likely fail and lose the jobs they’ve had for months as a direct result of roadmasters practices. The examiners were roadmaster employees, testing on campus, wearing roadmaster uniforms and representing the school.

Boondock Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Wasted Thyme

Wasted Thyme Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2020
    GOAT watching
    Lawyers look at anything and salivate. It's why coffee cups at McDonald's have to say that coffee is hot. When a person who doesn't eat paste should know that already.

kuzima93, Boondock, drvrtech77 and 2 others Thank this.
  4. bluesetter

Jul 23, 2022
    Quite true. But this is a legit screwup. The notices from DOT did not come certified mail or require signature. There is no way to ensure that guys actually receive their retest dates. If they miss those dates knowingly or not, their license is downgraded and they lose the job. If they happen to get inspected after the downgrade, they’ve committed a crime. This is not an idiot spilling their own coffee on themselves. Rather 250+ people paid thousands of dollars to a negligent company. Take that before a jury and make them aware of werners record of unsafe practices and anything can happen. Most likely they settle for tuition, expenses and legal fees.

kuzima93, Boondock and Opus Thank this.
  5. Wasted Thyme

Jan 27, 2020
    GOAT watching
    But they are not required to insure you get the notification. Only to make a reasonable effort to notify.

Just like the people who get in trouble for skipping jury duty. Lost in the mail doesn't fly.

6. bluesetter

Jul 23, 2022
    What’s a reasonable effort? Shouting it from the rooftop? Mailing it to the home of a road driver who may not be there to receive it before the deadline? No doubt some drivers will face hardships due to roadmasters negligence. I’m not a litigious man myself, but this seems like obvious misfeasance and more likely malfeasance as the manager on site was absolutely aware of the noncompliant testing practices at that site.

7. Wasted Thyme

Jan 27, 2020
    GOAT watching
    Sending a letter to the address you supplied and offering a free remedy to the issue. That's a reasonable effort. I'm sure they gave more than a 30 day notice of the retest. I doubt there was any malfeasance involved. As Werner is hiring these drivers. They want their drivers legal. Most likely it was some government paper screw up. That had the testers not certified.

Also. For someone not litigious. You sure seem to be looking for any tiny thread to be able to call them liable.

8. bluesetter

Jul 23, 2022
    Agreed, Werner wants their drivers legal, competent doesn’t seem to be a sticking point though. The examiners were properly certified. They were knowingly and intentionally disregarding state testing standards. Ie: examiners were also providing instruction to students. Portions of tests were performed outside of the test date and utilizing different vehicles than those used for other portions. Pretrip tests were performed days or weeks prior to the test date by uncertified examiners and substituted for the day of test pretrip portion. Students were allowed to use school provided paperwork detailing the pretrip while conducting their tests. The manager on site was aware of these irregularities and allowed them to proceed. I’m not at all looking for any tiny thread, these are the fraudulent testing practices that I witnessed myself. There are plenty of other practices alleged but I won’t list those as I have no first hand knowledge.

I’m mostly concerned with preserving the status of my license and employment. I was hoping someone might offer some insight as to how people have resolved the issue in the past as it’s happened before. I don’t believe returning to that site is a good idea and it certainly isn’t convenient. It may not even be possible depending on prior commitments.

9. Wasted Thyme

Jan 27, 2020
    GOAT watching
    Two options. Use the free opportunity they are giving you or contact your local DMV/DPS. Explain the situation and see what options they offer. A third is talking to your company. If they also have a school. They can retest you.

kuzima93 and bluesetter Thank this.
  10. sevenmph

sevenmph Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Pinellas county Florida
    Someone help me understand a part of this. I keep seeing free solution being mentioned, but didn't see where the OP said it was free. The new test is free? Big deal. Travel expenses, time off work, possible damage to MVR and employment history. Doesn't sound like a free solution.
    On the employment history damage. If a driver doesn't get notified and his license gets downloaded, his/her CDL is suspended?
    Ever notice employment listings that say no suspension ever? Can't apply there.
    There most certainly is a lawsuit here. The state of Pennsylvania should bring suit also.

kuzima93 Thanks this.
  11. Wasted Thyme

Jan 27, 2020
    GOAT watching
    Not if they make a "reasonable" effort.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.