RoadRunner Lease Purchase

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by tseders93, Mar 27, 2019.

1. darknessesedge

darknessesedge Medium Load Member

Jul 8, 2013
    is the coyote after you?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. highwayMike

highwayMike Light Load Member

Jan 17, 2019
    Good thing you can’t read..... OP (original poster) paying $600-800 per week. That lease payment will have you chasing miles not money... that’s good your doing great but I wasn’t speaking about your successful lease payments...

4. terryt

terryt Heavy Load Member

Apr 27, 2009
    Show the settlements of you making money worked here for over a year owned my own truck and trailer so no payment and could just get by. You sit to much at the terminals waiting to get loaded very slim picking of loads 90 % of the runs are 1.40 or less 2.00 a mile is going to FL or East then dead head out there no money it that. Show the mileage sheet of what they pay. Rates like Dallas to Detroit for something like .95 a mile and tell us how much you are making.

scottied67 Thanks this.
  5. Django68

Django68 Bobtail Member

Jun 22, 2019
    I run Mira Loma to Seattle, Seattle to midwest, then back to Mira Loma, then Seattle.
    Mira Loma to Seattle pays 2.00 a mile plus fuel, when you average all miles, it comes to about 1.80 a mile after fuel surcharge. I do this for 4 weeks and go home for a week. I've been driving 16 years, I wouldn't be here if I didnt make good money. If you have your own trailer, you'll wait forever to get loaded, I do drop and hook, I call for my next load 2 days before I get to each terminal, most times, my next load is waiting when I get to the yard, drop, hook, and I'm gone. Sorry to hear you failed, but many drivers are making good money here.

More$Money and Jarhed1964 Thank this.
  6. Django68

Django68 Bobtail Member

Jun 22, 2019
    I found someone smart enough to read that to me...
    I don't make successful lease payments. I've been here for a year and a half, I picked a used truck that had 11 months left on the lease, those payments were $3,100 a month, I bought the truck in August 2018 free and clear after the lease ended.
    Believe me, for the first few months, I struggled, but I talked to a lot of drivers, if they only had negative things to say, I cut them out of my circle, I got a lot of advice from drivers, who were doing well, used what I learned along with keeping in touch with load planners and even a few higher ups in the company, and i do very well and have for better than a year.
    It's not hard to put $12,000 to $16,000 a month in the bank here once you get the truck paid for. Even with the $3,100 a month payments, you can do 5-8k. But sure at the beginning, I almost quit 3 times a week, once going over $3,000 in the hole, I ate a lot of ramen noodles for a month, but with some good advice, I was able to become pretty #### successful, I'm no genius or super trucker, you just have to have enough humility to ask for help.

More$Money and Jarhed1964 Thank this.
  7. where was the price for health insurance I didn't see that figured in anywhere??

8. Django68

Django68 Bobtail Member

Jun 22, 2019
    Well, you're an owner operator or lease operator. It's not a company job. Asking about health insurance is about a relevant as asking how much I pay for a storage shed, it's an expense like paying rent or utilities, has nothing to do with the job.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2019
  9. yeah okay whatever you have to factor it in though along with all the rest of your lease stuff do you pay yourself a salary? the whole deal sounds like a joke.
    I have to agree with some of the other commenters indeed

10. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Seriously? It's easy to put $16,000 a month in the bank after ALL your fixed & variable expenses are deducted on $1.80 ALL miles to the truck average? That is unbelievable! I would think owner operators would be lining up there.

11. highwayMike

highwayMike Light Load Member

Jan 17, 2019
    Your giving me your success story and it wasn’t even about you... I don’t need help from you when your giving numbers for YOU.... this thread is about the OP... why you don’t understand that.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.