Roadrunner - LTL Owner/Operator - Linehaul

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Robin Williams, Aug 28, 2016.

1. Robin Williams

Robin Williams Bobtail Member

Oct 14, 2015
    I just came across this ad (copied below) and I'm wondering, what's the catch? Any seasoned owner/operators out there familiar with these guys? Thank you in advance for any information/advice you can share.
    -Robin Williams

********************************************************************************************************************

CDL-A Owner Operator Truck Driver - LTL Linehaul

CDL-A Owner Operator Truck Drivers - Nationwide LTL Linehaul Opportunities

CDL-A Owner Operator Truck Drivers - Nationwide LTL Linehaul Opportunities

#1 Ranked Carrier for Owner Operators:
    • Net Income
    • Rate Per Mile
    Roadrunner Offers:

• Solos Earn Up to $210,000+ Per Year
    • Teams Earn Up to $350,000+ Per Year
    • Terminal to Terminal
    • Dedicated Lanes
    • Excellent Referral Bonus
    • Consistent Steady Freight (No Touch)
    • Complete Home Time Control
    • Generous FSC
    • High Weekly Settlements
    • Excellent Contractor Support
    • BIG Fuel Discounts
    • Health & Medical Plans Available

Interested in Lease Purchase? CLICK HERE
    Lease Purchase Program:

• 2016 Brand NEW Trucks!!
    • Full Bumper to Bumper Warranty
    • Full Comprehensive Maintenance Program
    • $0 Money Down
    • Low Weekly Payments
    Requirements:

• CDL-A
    • 21 Years of Age
    • 1 Year Tractor Trailer Experience

Call 800-520-9542 to apply.

About Us:
    At Roadrunner Transportation Systems we are all about options. Our unique business model is designed to provide a variety of different load and routes to fit any lifestyle. CDL-A Owner Operator Truck Drivers are able accelerate the growth of their business by taking full advantage of a partnership with us. Expect excellent revenue, incentives from the start, and stability you can count on.

Majestic 670 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Unchained

Unchained Light Load Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Eastern Tennessee
    I'm building a new glider U can see it on the O/O forum... It shows you how all these companies lie how can they be the number one owner op company if they're only paying $0.98 a mile loaded or empty 210000 year gross after mileage and fuel surcharge they're full of it I've called a lot of these companies lately when I bring up their dollar a mile versus the national average of $2 a mile some are ready to argue most just hang up

Big Rob71 Thanks this.
  4. TruckrWnnaB

TruckrWnnaB Bobtail Member

Jul 3, 2013
    charlotte,NC
  5. Unchained

Aug 1, 2016
    Eastern Tennessee
    Roadrunner and other companies like that pay about a dollar a mile 4 van and reefer and then they had the fuel surcharge on top of it right now fuel surcharge is around $0.20 I'm not pulling any Freight for a dollar a mile plus fuel surcharge and they all try and tell you they're paying more they all used 07 fuel surcharge figures 70 $0.80 a gallon

6. Unchained

Aug 1, 2016
    Eastern Tennessee
    It's almost impossible for owner-operators to pull van or reefer the markets just to flood you gotta pull flatbed step deck RGN end dump any of the special these things to get your rate up there where it belongs

Robin Williams Thanks this.
  7. Majestic 670

Majestic 670 Heavy Load Member

May 10, 2016
    Landcruiser
    Van rates are great

77fib77 Thanks this.
  8. Unchained

Aug 1, 2016
    Eastern Tennessee
    In what world are you living in and what company are these van rates so great I mean I can understand if they were a dollar seventy a mile plus fuel surcharge

9. Majestic 670

Majestic 670 Heavy Load Member

May 10, 2016
    Landcruiser
    You just have to know what you are doing. Local move 20-30 mi 400-500 a pop. Do loads by daily average. 800 a day break out expenses look at daily pay 800 load with 1.5 day to deliver will eat up bottom line... If you go far 300 miles at least a 1000 dollars you have to ask for it if not you'll never make it.. That was my landstar strategy when I was there.Short and usually the same loads to get to know the customer habits and book loads according to the time if the customer takes all day I negotiate according to that situation. Must at least stay about at or above 500 a day net to make it worth it...

10. Unchained

Aug 1, 2016
    Eastern Tennessee
    Well and the figures I use are kinda what you're saying... the truck needs to average 600 miles a day, as close to $2 a mile or more as possible... my Target fuel for my new glider is 6.2 mpg this Gives both the driver and the truck a descent pay check staying out six weeks at a time most new owner-operators I talk to just want to make a paycheck they don't take into consideration the truck has to make a paycheck as well so you can afford repairs and afford to replace the truck when it wears out I see so many that want to be an owner operator so they can work half as much to make the same money they were as a company driver well this leaves nothing for repairs and replacement driving a truck isn't so much a profession as a way of life or should I say solitude way of life in my eyes being an owner operator is about getting to drive a quality piece of equipment he can be comfortable in and rely on not to break down it's about sending your money home for your family to spend and the second paycheck to the truck is for repairs and being able to keep your truck comfortable and reliable it's not about getting a lot of home time it's about quality Hometime when you do get any... it's not about running illegal avoiding logs or even being able to run the speed limit foremost owner-operators it's more of an ego thing getting to drive a ###### truck making enough money to support his family Hometime truly has to come last just my two cents what being an owner operator means to me...

schristopher and Starboyjim Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.