Roadrunner transport

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by MR314, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Joshedaniels

Joshedaniels Bobtail Member

Jan 23, 2014
    Monterey, Tennessee
    @tobytob yeah that was meant for you myself and another driver are considering coming to RR as a team and using them to buy a truck is there enough freight out of terminals to support a team operation or would we be looking towards more and more broker loads

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TopCatTrucking

TopCatTrucking Bobtail Member

Apr 10, 2013
    Sparta, Tn
    broker loads do pay alittle better sometimes. if you want a routine route terminal to terminal is good. broker loads take you anywhere and not guarentees on getting home.

4. nikmirbre

nikmirbre Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    Problem is with most terminals and the loads, the guys who have been there the longest get the best routes and get calls from the terminal letting them know when the loads are going out…..

5. Clutter1

Clutter1 Bobtail Member

Jan 22, 2014
    Riverside ca
    Well wish me luck. Did the arrow thing and I'm taking off today. Man arrow truck sales drag their feet. But glad I got the truck I wanted and not have to get into one of those nasty fleet trucks with 500,000 miles for 89900

Attached Files:

6. Tobytob

Tobytob Light Load Member

Aug 17, 2013
    Josh Daniels, as a team you should do pretty good, the longer runs are set up for teams and terminals seem to cater to them. Shouldn't have any problems getting freight. If you're going to run team! Runs like Seattle, Denver, salt lake always seems to be open!
    running solo isn't bad either just have to figure out a system or you going to struggle, waiting all day sometimes 2 days for a load isn't profitable! Just my
    opinion!!

as for the broker freight, this freight takes you where ever you want to go, if it takes you away from home that because you choose to run it. No load is forced on you at RRTS. If you don't like it say no thanks! Run where you want and how you want. Can't blame anyone if you don't make money! Some of the policy here are a little wierd but nothing one can't get used too.

Hey Clutter1, nice truck, I'm jealous! Let me know what kind of fuel mileage you getting always liked the T660 with big bunk!!
    Good luck.

TopCatTrucking and KoolKid Thank this.
  7. Clutter1

Clutter1 Bobtail Member

Jan 22, 2014
    Riverside ca
  8. Clutter1

Clutter1 Bobtail Member

Jan 22, 2014
    Riverside ca
    Actually Monday morning I'm gonna take off. Arrow dragging ### again. Oh well ;) truck is a 2011 studio with a isx 15 485hp with a 13 speed and 355 rears. Mainly gonna be running between so cal and Minnesota so hoping it should work out. I'll keep you guys posted. Also if anyone is wondering I just told arrow what I was lookin for in a truck and they had their buyer see if anything was out there. That was on a Friday and the following Monday this one appeared. Wisconsin kenworth has like 7 of these. Seemed like all the trucks arrow had on the lot would not fit the roadrunner program due to mileage and Year parameters. This has 464000 and I got it for 82500 at 9‰ and 0 down. I've been driving 21 years and this is the only true lease that's not a scam.

KoolKid Thanks this.
  9. Mrgreen101

Mrgreen101 Bobtail Member

Feb 1, 2014
    Hey mr tobytob. Question. Do You know anything about the atlanta Ga intermodal. IM thinking about leasing a truck through them pulling locally. i suppose to lease last year in august but i back out.

10. Tobytob

Tobytob Light Load Member

Aug 17, 2013
    Mrgreen101, I have no clue. They're a different division, I see them out on the road but that's about it. Talked to one in west Memphis at fuel island, when I first started here. He was just starting over at intermodal.

I've checked into those lease trucks and they're costly. Every week for duration of the lease your on the hook for 1/3 of your check. That a lot of stress on a person. If you can go get one on your own, it would be a much better option, then lease it on. If your running intermodal I would get a daycab, older model affordable and durable!!

Last edited: Feb 2, 2014
  11. Boy Howdey

Boy Howdey Medium Load Member

May 22, 2013
    That a 4 year lease?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.