Roadrunner transport

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by MR314, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Zach.S

Zach.S Light Load Member

Mar 30, 2013
    SLC/ Asheville, NC

I'm looking at a few companies to lease on to. A friend of mine and I want to run team. I know Landstar is hard to get on to and I want to leave options open. How do you book loads with roadrunner? I assume you have a load board find a load and call the broker and make sure the load is still available? Is there enough team freight to keep us moving? Currently haul flatbed but we're willing to haul van if it has better/comparative rates and can keep us moving. We currently have 20k cash for a truck and if needed 60k in home equity line of credit I can tap into but would like to stay away from that.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. pigsooie

pigsooie Medium Load Member

Jan 25, 2013
    Blow that smoke up some one else's tail end. Sounds like you want to wait until a driver manager sends you a load. With Roadrunner you are your own driver manger. This is why you can utilize there broker net work. Plus you are a O/O pay your own bills on break down. Why you think Roadrunner is responsible. Roadrunner takes out $200.00 a week for this stuff. sounds like you can't manage your money and blame some one else.

4. pigsooie

pigsooie Medium Load Member

Jan 25, 2013
    MR314 Must be a driver that has to be told what to do. His post about Roadrunner is totally false! I run team at Roadrunner and understand there system. From 12/11 to 12/21 we ran over 13,000 miles using line haul and certified brokers at a rate of more than 1.50cpm.

5. popcorn169

popcorn169 Road Train Member

Sep 5, 2011
    state of confusion

Who are you referring to on this post?

6. Tempest76

Tempest76 Bobtail Member

Jan 2, 2015
    Normal, IL
    what company is that ?

7. TruckerPete24

TruckerPete24 Light Load Member

Feb 11, 2015
    THE BIG APPLE
    So yea ..i read this whole thread !! i'm seriously considering RR...i'll probably get on the L/p deal with them ..i have been doing a whole lot of research over the last 20 days ..and to me the only deals that actually make sense are roadrunner or any company that actually lets you pick your loads . Now that's my main question ! will i be able to do that with roadrunner? ..I live in NYC i hope that wouldn't be an issue !

8. txbd

txbd Bobtail Member

Apr 12, 2014
    Midwest
    TruckerPete,

Under the new 2015 contract, a person can not broker their own loads any more. If you find a load, it will have to go through a RR agent and hopefully they approve it to you without trying to Rip you off. FYI

9. wljackson

wljackson Bobtail Member

Jul 12, 2013
    Since RR switched to T2T only, except for backhauls, how are things working out? Are people still making money? I would appreciate any info you have. Thanks.

10. jerseyboy724

jerseyboy724 Bobtail Member

May 22, 2014
    Hey man, first of all let me say that was the best post I've read on this site, and I've read quite a few...thanks! So I guess my next quest is are you still there and if so how is it going? I live in buffalo and I'm considering roadrunner and Mercer....I'm looking for a truck now but iim having some financing issues..I might have to lease for a little while

11. Victor Sapienza

Victor Sapienza Bobtail Member

Nov 20, 2011
    ...that really is sad......you see all these companies at the truck shows - you'll see them this coming week in Louisville Ky on 3/25-3/27 at the Mid-American Truck Show - all smiles and waving, "hi y'all ! Come on board! "............flip 'em the bird........keep walkin

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.