Roadrunner transport

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by MR314, Dec 11, 2012.

1. coolhand7224

coolhand7224 Bobtail Member

Oct 24, 2008
    seale, al
    Thanks, I just re-read some of the earlier posts and see where you had already answered my question. Sorry, guess I was half asleep. My husband said to tell you thank you also for all your info on RRTS.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MR314

MR314 Bobtail Member

Dec 11, 2012
  4. Tobytob

Tobytob Light Load Member

Aug 17, 2013
    Your welcome, it's no problem glad we could help!! Hope all goes well!!

5. Bookworm

Bookworm Light Load Member

Feb 7, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    I have a few questions about Roadrunner with MY authority. Is anyone familiar with RRTS that has their own numbers? I understand from reading the above posts how the IC under their authority(RRTS) works, but what makes RRTS any different than a broker I run with now? What I am looking for is a company I can lease or buy a trailer from while hauling their freight. And if I end up in a dead area I can contact my broker(s) to get a load to where I want/need to go. I have spoken to recruiters from RRTS and I know its all a sales pitch, just looking for some info before I make a mistake.

Thanks

6. Kevin horn

Kevin horn Medium Load Member

Jun 2, 2013
    What kind of avg per mile can I expect to get from Tx area to Carolina's? I would like to run back and forth if possible..

7. darkangelsdiary

darkangelsdiary Bobtail Member

Jul 18, 2013
    Started out great. Then it was one stop, 2 stops on every trip all the way up to 8 or more. And then ended up sitting waiting for loads. Walk inside and no freight on the floor after the city drivers came back. Complained about the 8 stops on a load and got punished. Lost our dedicated route we ran for years and they kept piling the stops on. Can't make money with all those stops and sitting atleast 3-4 days for a re-load. Quit when the tranny let go out of our truck in rush hour traffic.

8. Kevin horn

Jun 2, 2013
    Can't you get loads off other load boards?? I thought all you had to do is run at least 2 roadrunner loads a month..

9. Kevin horn

Jun 2, 2013
    Never heard you can't make money with more stops.. I use to peddle furniture and that's where I made my money. How much does roadrunner pay for extra stops?

10. darkangelsdiary

darkangelsdiary Bobtail Member

Jul 18, 2013
    It wasn't much. Paid by weight of the stop. Stops were always under a certain amount so I wasnt pulling in much. The bulk would be pulled off at the terminal stop. 200lbs at one stop. 300 at another. Lucky to have 1000 at another. I can't remember the rate. Its been a bit. I liked them at first because of the dedicated route they let us have. Was home Sunday and Mondays. Rolling the rest. So then didn't need to find other loads. Yes can book other loads. We did a few but found the customers had a falling out w RRTS they said they loved us but didn't like the company. Decided to leave for better paying loads and a different company. Honestly they have their favorites. We were one for awhile. Unsure of what the original reason for why we fell from their favorites list. Sad but was fun while it lasted.
    Been there done that w the furniture stops. Made good $ on that too.

11. Travelinman

Travelinman Medium Load Member

Mar 22, 2010
    So I'm confused. If you can get loads from brokers why not do that instead of sitting waiting on rrts to provide a load?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.