Roadside assistance and Maintenance

Discussion in 'TMC' started by JonasTtrucker, Apr 29, 2018.

1. JonasTtrucker

JonasTtrucker Light Load Member

Apr 26, 2018
    St. Louis, MO
    How does TMC handle roadside assistance issues if you are not anywhere close to a terminal? Also, how is routine maintenance (oil changes, tires, etc) taken care of if likewise not located near a terminal?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Highway Sailor

Highway Sailor Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2011
    Erie,Pa.
    when you have a breakdown or tire issue you report it to road repair over your qualcom and they will send out service or send you somewhere to be serviced if the truck can move. When you truck is due for a PM service they will notify you several weeks in advance and route you to a terminal or peterbilt dealership for your service. Most of the time you will go to the terminal so they can inspect your unit. Being at a terminal it may last 10 + hours for service while maybe 4>6 hours at a dealership.

4. JonasTtrucker

JonasTtrucker Light Load Member

Apr 26, 2018
    St. Louis, MO
    Lets say you are operating out of New Mexico. The closest terminal I see is in Missouri I believe. They would route you there, even if your loads are usually around the Western US?

5. Highway Sailor

Highway Sailor Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2011
    Erie,Pa.
    Yes.

6. RustyBolt

RustyBolt Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    Bement, IL
    Unless they have changed their policies, make sure you take items they may find offensive out of the truck before you go into the terminal. I was there in 07 when they sent a driver home for having adult mags under his mattress. Of course, at that time, they were putting 40+ drivers through orientation each week. So they were constantly looking for reasons to get rid of a "problem" driver to make room for a new one. Things may have changed. Dunno.

Highway Sailor Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.