Roadside Masters what do you think?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by comoes3, Apr 12, 2013.

1. Extra Mile

Extra Mile Bobtail Member

Jun 3, 2016
    4 Separate times in the last 3 years I have used this service. Each time, they made me pay out of pocket and send in a reimbursement form. They approved the charges, but said they would send me the money back. They never sent it back a single time. They have not returned a single phone call or email. Louis Vargas, the head manager personally approved the last two. Then, after submitting the forms, no payment back to me and no returned calls or emails. This is a scam. Stay far away from them. I run a fleet of 20 vehicles and will NEVER use them again. I feel that I have been robbed.

Pastor Dean Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Army91W

Army91W Heavy Load Member

Nov 3, 2006
    San Antonio, TX
    Anyone have experience or recommend a road side assistance company?

I searched the site and found this thread. Not to excited to pay $50 a month and then if I ever need to use it pay up front and then hope for reembursement.

My insurance company sent me this company. Anyone, have suggestions. I more worried if I ever needed to get towed not getting my head taken off.

Anyone can call Loves or TA for a tire. Thanks in advance.

image.png

4. Truckers Report Jobs

5. gerardo1961

gerardo1961 Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2010
    miami
    Today my truck brook in hartford.ct. i am years a member . I was calling to send somebody to bring my truck and trl max 5 miles to the Freightlinerdealer.hi tell my i have to pay way de dealer is closed today
    Only when is open is free what a joke.tomorrow i cancelead my membership
    Now iam on the dealer i was paying a lokalwrecker 598$ 251 hrs

6. cptdragn

cptdragn Light Load Member

Jan 4, 2014
    South Ala
    I used this service years ago. (like 2004-2006) when i had a problem in Houston, TX. its just a listing service for service shops, repairs, etc but the shop they recommended was outstanding in how they repaired my truck. Was even changed a fair rate which surprised me even more. have keep them as a backup ever since.

nttsbreakdown.com

gerardo1961 Thanks this.
  7. gtilogistics

gtilogistics Bobtail Member

Sep 16, 2012
    Roadside Masters sucks.....i had a membership and when my truck broke down, my driver was stuck for three hours with no eta, help, nothing! After calling them,they said theyre trying to find someone whos not busy....So i decided to call roadside mechanics off ntts...All the roadside companies i was calling off NTTS, they were saying (Is this the same truck you guys keep calling and bargaining about?) So Roadside Masters was hunting for the best price and couldnt get the best price so they left me hanging...I ended up calling one myself and was never re-imbursed for it. TOTAL WASTE OF $...

RubyEagle Thanks this.
  8. Jatlyons

Jatlyons Light Load Member

Dec 7, 2017
    If the first thought they have when you call about a breakdown is to see if you qualify for a tow, that should pretty much answer itself. 3 hours later all they would do is give me local phone numbers I could call. I didnt even try when I needed a jump, just paid cash. I wish I had gone through the trouble then so I could have cancelled sooner.

9. Roynantu

Roynantu Bobtail Member

Jan 14, 2018
    Hi which is a better service than roadmaster

10. Hiradttx

Hiradttx Bobtail Member

Jul 16, 2014
    Piece of crap. They are a rip off. I've had two bad experiences with them. I am going to cancel my membership because they only take your money but always have an excuse not to provide service. Run as fast as you can....run away from them

Army91W Thanks this.
  11. whoopNride

whoopNride Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Miss.
    With the ability to find service so easy on the internet. My question is why would you pay for a service like this to begin with? Some of you would have never made it back in the day when you had to walk to a phone if you broke down.

TallJoe Thanks this.
  12. xsetra

xsetra Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2011
    Today's options on the cell phone, no need for a monthly fee for someone to arrange road side assistance.
    I've never had a paid subscription for this kind of service.

Save your money for the repairs when needed.
    Good luck.

13. JBLogistics

JBLogistics Bobtail Member

Jul 2, 2019
    I think it's time to bring this thread back up, WORST experience ever. In opinion, a roadside service must help at times when you are stranded somewhere and need help, hence WHY- WE ALL- pay for a service in order to obtain a result. I had a couple situations which as they "state" all calls are being recorded.
    You contact them (dispatch-Roadside Masters), in order to request immediate dispatch of a tow truck then, they interrogate you kinda like a prosecutor, IF you dare to say there is something you "assume" that is going on with your truck your doomed for life.

Why? simple, because as the call it's being recorded they tend to "red flag" calls with priors. So in essence, if you DARE to advise the dispatch that you -believe- that you have an alternator issue and at the dealer diagnose that is a battery issue you will NOT get a tow truck to help, you will have to cover it out of your own expense.
    Doesn't matter if you state your point with actual facts, and advise the dispatch that you thought was the alternator but the dealer told you was the battery they (ROADSIDE MASTERS) will held you accountable for that and will NOT help, my humble opinion to EVERYONE is...once dispatch requests (through their intense prosecutor type of interrogation) is advise them that you have no idea what's going on, that you simply need the truck to be towed, otherwise you'll be sitting just like me RIPPED OFF.

• Truckers Report Jobs