Roehl 14/7 van or refrigerated

Discussion in 'Roehl' started by CP1974, Apr 23, 2015.

1. Lightside

Lightside Medium Load Member

Jul 4, 2015
    Exactly what I am looking for. Part-time driver position. I don't mind the pay. That is actually leagues ahead of any retail/burger flipping job that's for sure. That's what...about 900 a week?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ketchikan baby

Ketchikan baby Light Load Member

Jul 17, 2015
    It seems like carriers could slightly raise their standard rates and then offer a discount to the shipper/customer for loaded/unloaded in under 2 hour or possibly the customer could "earn" a free shipment for every so many under 2 hour loads/unloads. This would give the customers an incentive to better manage their docks. Surely this would benefit the carriers too since they wouldn't have so much truck/driver downtime and drivers burning up their 14 hours. You'd think the pencil pushing spreadsheet jockeys could figure this out?

4. freenow

freenow Bobtail Member

Oct 6, 2009
    North Freedom, WI
    E62, How are things going at Roehl? Is it what you expected, so far?

5. ET62

ET62 Bobtail Member

Nov 27, 2013
    NY, NY
    @freenow -- I stand by my support for Roehl school and training program. 4 weeks, nowadays, you even get paid while your are in school. Roehl wants successful drivers, the school and the training are the means to that end. The industry has its issues, but which industry doesn't.

freenow Thanks this.
  6. Ketchikan baby

Ketchikan baby Light Load Member

Jul 17, 2015
    Maybe this has already been covered, not sure: is Roehl a good company for new teams? Can teams run the 14/7 schedule? Are you required to slip seat your truck for your 7 at home? Thank you.

7. freenow

freenow Bobtail Member

Oct 6, 2009
    North Freedom, WI
    I don't think Roehl offers team driving.

8. cluster04

cluster04 Bobtail Member

Feb 22, 2015
    You have options of when you want a load to be paid to you. as soon as you scan it in or ust pick a later date.

9. cluster04

cluster04 Bobtail Member

Feb 22, 2015
    It just seems that the carriers just dont care about our time wasted every day. Untill the BS at these docks costs them money they dont care.

Ketchikan baby Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.