Roehl begins contracts to work there?!?!?!!

Discussion in 'Roehl' started by flatbeddr3182, Sep 21, 2014.

1. Driver320

Driver320 Bobtail Member

Aug 30, 2014
    Kansas

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Driver320

Driver320 Bobtail Member

Aug 30, 2014
    Kansas
    Captain... How have you been treated? I am asking this question with total respect to you in mind.
    If we could Compare your experiences as a new driver with Roehl, to that of other new drivers with other companies on this forum, it might be a great learning experience for everyone who reads this post... Again I am asking out of respect to you and your experiences, as I believe we can all benefit from then work involved in your journey....

TB John Thanks this.
  4. cannonfodder

cannonfodder Bobtail Member

Nov 3, 2015
    I work for Roehl. The biggest part of the contract for me is if I get stuck for 30 hours somewhere not getting paid or bad loads or whatever else and I voice an opinion I am always reminded I am under contract. They know they will lose the great majority at the end of the contract and why should they care. They received a years worth of work from me underpaying me and before the dust settles on my seat when I leave the next sucker will take my place.

xlsdraw Thanks this.
  5. DrFlush

DrFlush Road Train Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Upstate NY
    That's the problem with indentured servitude, it should be illegal

6. nordrunner

nordrunner Bobtail Member

Jun 30, 2014
    The first year is the toughest no matter which company you choose. Some people can handle shorter training with a trainer others need more attention. I have to say though Roehl is fair and will treat you good if you just take the time to communicate. They want you to succeed, they need good safe drivers to haul their freight. If you can do it safely and efficiently you will have no problems besides those of the industry. The pay will eventually go up and so will the miles. Good equipment, many hometime options and plenty of contract freight to keep ya moving. If the contract is a problem you may struggle in this industry. There is much worst out there.....

7. gary bourne

gary bourne Light Load Member

Nov 26, 2015
    Hey Nord, I know the thread is getting old but how many miles are you guys getting? I live around Akron and I was thinking of driving again.

8. spaniard

spaniard Bobtail Member

Dec 18, 2015
    Good call glad you didn't do it because once you sign that agreement there is no changing your mind you either play or pay!

9. gary bourne

Nov 26, 2015
    3130 isn't bad at all really. Western wants you to sign for a year and it's a big mystery how much they charge

10. spaniard

spaniard Bobtail Member

Dec 18, 2015
    I just joined to this site so I'm late to responded but I agree my trainer at Roehl was rude and disrespectful nothing but negative comments if I am paying for the training then I expect a good trainer not a jerk off!!

No names left Thanks this.
  11. gary bourne

Nov 26, 2015
    ########. There everywhere. Is he a runt? Or a lardass? That's probably how he talks to his family.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.