Roehl CDL Training in Appleton, WI

Discussion in 'Roehl' started by RCrollin75, Aug 19, 2016.

1. slim shady

slim shady Road Train Member

Sep 14, 2011
    Chicago, Il.
    What are you training for, Van, Reefer or Flatbed?
    IMO flatbed will end up being the way to make the most money of those 3 choices

Puppage Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RCrollin75

RCrollin75 Bobtail Member

Aug 6, 2016
    Maryland
    I chose van. Only because I want to drive regional so I can be home weekly.

4. RCrollin75

Aug 6, 2016
    Maryland
    My recruiter said I can change fleets at any point after training. I also figured on being in the Northeast alot, so I will get my TWIC card and hazmat.

5. DrFlush

DrFlush Road Train Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Upstate NY
    I haven't been with Roehl for a few years now, but their training then was top notch. I would plan on making about 80% of what they tell you. You are probably better off with van there, I was flatbed and sat way too much. The Appleton terminal was new when I was there, it was the nicest out of the bunch, but they have redone Gary since then. I think Roehl is a good place to start, but after a couple years most move on to biger and better. I started at Roehl but now am an O/O with a different carrier.

RCrollin75 Thanks this.
  6. RCrollin75

Aug 6, 2016
    Maryland
    Thx DrFlush! Appreciate the feedback for sure. 80% of average advertised is definitely reasonable in my mind. There are people on here that claim they were only making 300 or 400 a week and that would make life very tough on the homefront for me. I still believe that those drivers were probably not trip planning properly or wasting time and then expected to make the advertised amount.

Roehl has a lease program, I may eventually look into it and become an O/O. Just want to get my CDL and get some experience first. Coming from 20 years in the aviation industry, so this is all new to me!

7. DrFlush

Mar 22, 2011
    Upstate NY
    Their lease program is a rip off in my opinion, but like you said one step at a time.

8. RCrollin75

Aug 6, 2016
    Maryland
    One step at a time for sure. Whats it like being an O/O?

9. Texnmidwest

Texnmidwest Light Load Member

Mar 6, 2015
    l looked into their Lease program in depth. Not sure what you call a rip off.....but their program is not bad.

10. RCrollin75

Aug 6, 2016
    Maryland
    Whats the income potential after all expenses Texn?

11. DrFlush

Mar 22, 2011
    Upstate NY
    It's the only way to go for me. I was in construction for 30 years, the last 17 self employed. Now I'm back to calling the shots. I work less and make more, no dispatcher or load planners, true freedom

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.