Roehl CDL Training

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Wisconsinguy, Jul 15, 2017.

1. mydartswinger

mydartswinger Light Load Member

Jun 28, 2012
    East Texas
    While I don't have anything in writing, I do recall that it was 120,000, which they say is about 15 months (can be done with 48 weeks of driving at 2500 miles per week, though).

Wisconsinguy Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Kakazu

Kakazu Bobtail Member

Jul 27, 2017
    Thank you for the information you have posted. I am feeling more confident obtaining my cdl threw Roehl.
    I've been searching online for different paid training programs and my top two were Prime and Roehl.
    Your post motivated me to make the first step in my journey. Which is signing up online and speak to a rep.

4. Rocknroller4

Rocknroller4 Road Train Member

Nov 25, 2015
    Did you do flatbed? Thanks for your detailed post. How long were you out with your trainer?

5. Kyle G.

Kyle G. Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2016
    Eastern Iowa
    I was only with my trainer for 8 days, which was the minimum at the time. i actually wanted to train longer but the trainer thought I was ready. I was so ready to be rid of that mouth breather that I didn't argue. I just took the test and passed and went on my way. I ended up learning way more on my own than that dirtball ever would have taught me.

Anyway, sorry for that mini-rant. no I did not do flatbed. I did dry van, with about six months of that being on the silgan dedicated account. Loved that.

A couple guys I trained with went to the flatbed side, and from what they told me, they got pretty lousy miles, and just didn't make enough money to make it worth all the extra work. They both ended up switching to curtainside and were much happier.

Of course this was all five years ago. I'm sure things have changed since I was there.

Rocknroller4 Thanks this.
  6. Wisconsinguy

Wisconsinguy Bobtail Member

Jul 15, 2017
    Wisconsin
    I just finished my 19 days with the driver trainer a couple days ago, passed my Roehl test in marshfield, and got my truck...set to head out solo on Monday!

I got a real nice and easy trainer and we both ran 20 days straight to complete my training. Although he was a great guy I think he could have done a better job training instead of sleeping and trying to do most the work for me because he was impatient! (on the truckpc) ....Anyway over all it was a good experience and I learned a lot. Got to see alot from new york city to the south coast... Driving in jersey is a pain in the ###!

I would Recommend Roehl to anyone starting in the truck industry 10/10 from my experience. They were good to me, honest and up front, and I got paid every dime they promised from day 1 until now which is decent compared to most companies. From day 1 until today the whole process took about 2 months. But I would like to add I went into the program driving nothing bigger than a s10 pick up and never even backing with a small trailer... now I have the keys to a 2016 freightliner.

Kyle G. Thanks this.
  7. Dkalis

Dkalis Light Load Member

Aug 6, 2017
    Does roehl charge you a admin fee? This random company told me I had to pay them $150 admin fee to process documents.

I was like yea sure no problem and never called them again..

8. Wisconsinguy

Jul 15, 2017
    Wisconsin
    They wont ask a Dime from you. They pay 500 a week for initial training and will even give gas money/buss ticket to get to the training location The only money they took from me was the lock deposits but you get it back when you return your locks at the end of employment .

9. mydartswinger

Jun 28, 2012
    East Texas
    Congrats!!!

Sitting at the Gary terminal now waiting on my 2nd trainer, as my 1st was 7/7 (was out with him Fri-Thurs).

Wisconsinguy Thanks this.
  10. Wisconsinguy

Jul 15, 2017
    Wisconsin
    Where did you go through training?

11. mydartswinger

Jun 28, 2012
    East Texas
    Went through the school at the Dallas terminal.

Went to meet up with my 2nd trainer today in Madison, WI, but that fell through when I was almost there, so they routed me to Appleton for the weekend.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.