Roehl CDL Training

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Wisconsinguy, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Wisconsinguy

Wisconsinguy Bobtail Member

Jul 15, 2017
    Wisconsin
    Just finished phase 3 early...after 11 days solo... Not as hard as I thought it would be! I suggest everyone get through this.. its much more relaxed and rewarding when your in your own truck

1278PA and SHOJim Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. KeepitMovin47

KeepitMovin47 Bobtail Member

Jun 18, 2017
    Great thread from beginning to now @Wisconsinguy! Congrats on graduating and now in your own truck. That was great information for newbies like me heading into training. Although I didn't get into Roehls program, Celadon has given me an opportunity. Atleast I get a start from somewhere after being denied by other carriers, a means to an end. Keep up the good work and keep on trucking!

Kyle G. and Wisconsinguy Thank this.
  4. Wisconsinguy

Jul 15, 2017
    Wisconsin
    yeah just dont give up and keep going! It gets hard at first but one day everything clicks and becomes second nature...There were many times I thought about giving up and seen the same thing in some other students and now we are all in our own trucks and brought friendships out of it. Good luck to you with celadon, get some experience and it opens many new doors if you want to move on from OTR

KeepitMovin47 Thanks this.
  5. TheFuzzyDuck

TheFuzzyDuck Bobtail Member

Aug 18, 2017
    I'm set to start their training on the 5th up in Gary, IN. I was surprised they even bought me a plane ticket up there from Houston. Everything is still slightly soggy down here.

Wisconsinguy and SHOJim Thank this.
  6. KeepitMovin47

KeepitMovin47 Bobtail Member

Jun 18, 2017
    No doubt, thanks bro

Wisconsinguy Thanks this.
  7. Tuga Trucker

Tuga Trucker Bobtail Member

Aug 11, 2017
    How long did it take them to get back to you when you first applied?

8. Wisconsinguy

Jul 15, 2017
    Wisconsin
    Don't know bout him but I was called a day or two later and phone call to class room took no more than 2 weeks if I remember correct. All depends.

9. 1fatty

1fatty Bobtail Member

Sep 13, 2017
    1. Do you have to get a WI CDL and then transfer back home, MN? If so, looks like I would have to retake the written portion again.

2. Is there no contract for 120,000 miles if I go with a CDL as a new grad?

3. So, your in your truck solo now, are you national OTR, or do you have options? Regional, etc.

Thanks

10. Nightsider

Nightsider Bobtail Member

Oct 11, 2017
    Ashtabula, Oh
    Was finally able to get ahold of recruiter after spending about 3 days of playing phone tag. Have my interview Thursday. Liked that they pay you through the class portion unlike most of the others. From what I have seen here I no longer have any doubts (they were little) that I was making the right choice. Good luck and keep it rubber side down

11. Eriic89

Eriic89 Bobtail Member

Sep 18, 2017
    Abbeville Alabama
    When you were doing the gycdl, when you got paid on the 3rd Thursday did they pay you for the 2 previous weeks?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.