Roehl CDL Training

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Wisconsinguy, Jul 15, 2017.

1. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    Sounds to good to be true and by the sound of your gear changing i'd be defiantly putting you in an Auto. If your continuing to grind gears your putting your clutch to far in or revving the engine to high when changing.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. johnhardin

johnhardin Bobtail Member

Sep 13, 2016
    Upstate, SC
    That was answered in a previous comment (last comment on page 2), they pay you for the missed 2 weeks of training pay on your first check when you go solo.

4. 1278PA

1278PA Road Train Member

Dec 5, 2015
    I want to start with Roehl but i just read a review on the roehls facebook page that all trucks now have driver facing cameras. The trigger from a lot of different things to like crossing a white line when sometimes you have to when road construction diverts traffic. So if you are gonna get dinged for every time that camera activates that can be a major pia. Swift of all companies listened to their drivers and took out driver facing cameras.

5. Eriic89

Eriic89 Bobtail Member

Sep 18, 2017
    Abbeville Alabama
    Yes they have cameras, but they do not set off that easily. Like fr crossing a line, the sound doesn't alarm unless you are going a certain speed. And for it to trigger the camera, you have to make the alarm go off a few times in a certain amount of time. That's what I've gathered so far. And if it does record it's only for 10 seconds before and after the incident. Which in my opinion if you aren't doing anything wrong or being unsafe, then there should be nothing to be worried about. And I believe the cameras could "CYA" in the event you are blamed for an incident, it could prove you aren't at fault or show that "you" did everything possible to prevent the incident. That's my personal opinion on that matter. I would definitely have a problem if the camera viewable at any point as in being spied on.

6. Eriic89

Eriic89 Bobtail Member

Sep 18, 2017
    Abbeville Alabama
    Correction, I just got clarification that the camera only records with hard braking or collisions. And you will know if it is recording when the green light turns red.

7. Wisconsinguy

Wisconsinguy Bobtail Member

Jul 15, 2017
    Wisconsin
    Driver facing cams: shut off for accident free experienced drivers or gycdl drivers over 50k now.

Trucks now do 65 and 67 for passing purpose 20 minutes a day by double tapping the gas.

Pay increases of 2.5 - 5 cpm

6 months solo I was at .47 cpm in reefer averaging 3000 miles a week based out of marshfield. If you are in wisconsin, MN, or northern Illinois I highly reccomend the reefer fleet as you get long runs to texas, missouri and out east and back frequently. If you are out east you will get long runs to the midwest and back.

Roehl is still GREAT to me and I still stand my ground of their GYCDL program. I'm now 2.5-3 months from finishing my contract. I know guys with more experience than me in other companies making less money.
    The stupid posts on the internet about roehl really had me discouraged at the start. But once I started seeing $ and meeting these drivers that complain and leave I realized they werent made for OTR. I stay out 30-40 days and go home 2-4. You get what you put into this. If you want to ##### about the loads and be home every other day you wont make good money. Get a local job.
    Manage your hours, dont be late, speak up about your personal goals and needs, and stay safe! Do this I promise you will be successful with roehl. Remember the first few months learning the business and managing your hours are the hardest. But it gets better and the money gets better. Put your time in everyone has too.
    Dont be afraid when you start hitting up places such as New Jersey. I promise it will make you a better backer after a few trips to Newark. Haha. Get out and look

patsy and Kyle G. Thank this.
  8. Wisconsinguy

Wisconsinguy Bobtail Member

Jul 15, 2017
    Wisconsin
    And update on the people I had in my GYCDL class. Out of 6, 3 #####ed and quit, me and my roomate still running strong although he talks of leaving after his contract. And the 6th who needed round 2 of GYCDL to pass his CDL (no one thought he would make it) is now running strong and has the same enthusiasm as me.
    Everyone has their own needs and wants. Take the negativity you hear from other drivers over the road and on the internet and let it in one ear and out the other. Make an experience for YOU.

nowright, patsy, Puppage and 2 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.