Roehl Driver Check In Continued

Discussion in 'Roehl' started by Treefork, Jun 4, 2013.

1. technoroom

technoroom Heavy Load Member

Nov 8, 2012
    Gary for the night. Deliver to downtown Chicago first thing in the morning, then back to Gary to relay a load to Fort Dodge, IA.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Scott72

Scott72 Road Train Member

Apr 7, 2013
    Funny thing is my FM drove OTR for 20 years, but when my 96 hrs are up I need to be available. Ha. Oh well if that's what the DRG says it is what it is. Hard to argue it.

4. The OSU

The OSU Medium Load Member

Feb 6, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Gary TA as I didn't like the dust bowl. Drop in Beaver Dam then Appleton for relay to OH on Mon.
    Talked with a new driver making his first trip at Gary, he was lost for many hours in Chicago today, called for help and eventually got to the rail yard and back to Gary. Now he's going to be a day late to cons in MI. Not the best first day, but he didn't hit anything.:biggrin_25512:

technoroom and goblue Thank this.
  5. Meltom

Meltom Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2011
    When I left they started grading DM's on utilization. If you allowed drivers too much home time then you had to answer for that. My first day back from leave I got pulled into a meeting and beat down by a President, FOM, and like a mid level administrator. I let them say their piece and when they asked what I was going to do to make improvements I told them "nothing" and then I gave my two weeks notice. The "president" stormed out of the room and didn't speak another word to me for the next two weeks.

Bayle, jeepnut_nh, goblue and 4 others Thank this.
  6. Treefork

Treefork Road Train Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Northeast Indiana
    My FM always asked me when I was coming back out. I'd give him the day (usually a half to full extra day more than I had accrued) and he said ok. I always stayed over my "earned" time. Maybe it had something to do with keeping a "trainer" happy so I wouldn't quit I don't know.

Ultra7 Thanks this.
  7. KF7WTV

KF7WTV Medium Load Member

Aug 8, 2012
    RENO, NV
    34 hr reset at home! Woohoo! What a treat... :biggrin_25522:

8. Ultra7

Ultra7 Heavy Load Member

Feb 21, 2011
    NE Ohio
    Man the more I read now that I am gone the more I am glad I left. It isn't the biggest outfit and I may get stuck running numerous Fed Ex loads, which means driving at night but that doesn't bother me, but at least I get treated better. My home time here is the same way it is by hours.

9. Scott72

Scott72 Road Train Member

Apr 7, 2013
    Like someone else said, for a company that boasts the best home time around, it's disappointing to see this stuff. Oh well I guess when my contract is up this is something that will be used when I evaluate whether I stay here or move on.

10. Bayle

Bayle Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2007
    Cottage Grove, MN
    Like Treefork said though. Most of it depends on fm. My last one was great on home time and apps I had and getting me home. I can't say how this one works out since I get home weekends now. Seems he tries to get me home by Friday night, but available loads don't alway allow for that, but get home by Saturday morning mostly.

11. coopnp

coopnp Road Train Member

Oct 9, 2011
    Orlando, FL
    Wilco monteagle that is all. 1500 mile wkend load yay yay that is all

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.