Roehl Driver Check In Continued

Discussion in 'Roehl' started by Treefork, Jun 4, 2013.

1. technoroom

technoroom Heavy Load Member

Nov 8, 2012
    Parked at Appleton terminal for the night, deliver load of concrete wallboard just north of Green Bay in the morning.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Scott72

Scott72 Road Train Member

Apr 7, 2013
    Why don't you like curtain side? I thought about giving that a try.

4. Treefork

Treefork Road Train Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Northeast Indiana
    They just kind of suck. I never got to pull the newer curtains, but the old ones are beat down. After fighting curtains I can say its faster to just tarp it.

5. kardolmer

kardolmer Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2012
    Monticello MN
    Old curtainbside rear latch is broke have to bungee it. First stop was screwed up now second stop doesnt want it. I am beyound frustrated.

The old curtaib sides pull like ####. The curtains dont like to slide. The tandems dont like to slide. Give me a spread axke flat any day.

6. Meltom

Meltom Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2011
    The only advantage of running curtains for flatbed drivers when I worked there was most of their freight was out and back. Where Van's and Refer usually did triangles at best, and more than likely out and regional until you complained enough to get them back to their origin.

7. kardolmer

kardolmer Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2012
    Monticello MN
    Well now its official I wont make it on time for last stop. Cause no way I can get 4 stops off by 3 now. Still trying to figure out what to do with this issue.

wonder how they are going to twist this into my fault.

8. classic_150

classic_150 Medium Load Member

Apr 5, 2009
    South Dakota
    They were supposed to be fixing those issues when I was still there. I had kept track and made a list of trlrs that needed repairs that were pre-loaded down the road from the mothership. I talked to Mitch about the issues and gave him the list. He seemed genuinely interested in trying to resolve the curtainside issues. Guess those above him had other ideas...:biggrin_25513:

9. Meltom

Meltom Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2011
    Those were the same issues going on when I was there, Mitch was there at that time as well. He should have been aware of these issues, not saying he wasn't genuinely interested, but he might just be good at telling you what you wanted to hear.

10. classic_150

classic_150 Medium Load Member

Apr 5, 2009
    South Dakota
    That thought crossed my mind also but I try to see the good in people....

Meltom Thanks this.
  11. Scott72

Scott72 Road Train Member

Apr 7, 2013
    Launching out tonight to rescue a load going to Rogers, MN in the morning, then PP to Arkansas.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.