Roehl Driver Check In Continued

Discussion in 'Roehl' started by Treefork, Jun 4, 2013.

1. Meltom

Meltom Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2011
    My favorite was my flatbed guy was pulling a reefer, 800 miles into an 1100 mile trip they changed the delivery appointment and wanted to pin the late delivery on my driver. I had it out with the planner right on the floor before we were told to take it to a conference room. We had trip planned, then they changed the variables, that's on the planners and the customer, arriving early would have burnt up our 14 hour clock and been a waste of his time. I don't miss that crap, well sometimes I do because I still like yelling at the "man".

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jeepnut_nh

jeepnut_nh Medium Load Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Milford, NH
    Appleton, it's like coming home (I did orientation here)

PM and some minor repairs for the truck, including new rubber all around I hope

off to sleep now.....

4. coopnp

coopnp Road Train Member

Oct 9, 2011
    Orlando, FL
    bingo....welcome aboard lol

KF7WTV Thanks this.
  5. coopnp

coopnp Road Train Member

Oct 9, 2011
    Orlando, FL
    Yes and I know its crazy. Same happened to me but in Green Bay recently. My x fm that was a former driver that quit this year never bother me when I did it a few times under his rule. Now the fm's that I've had since him are jokes. I explained why I did it and why I had to and it was legal. All I heard was yap yap yap so I agreed just to get off the phone bc after a while talking to these people you realize your wasting your breath. When I first started about 2 yrs ago it was relaxed very few company micro managing dweebs. Now it's over run

KF7WTV Thanks this.
  6. KF7WTV

KF7WTV Medium Load Member

Aug 8, 2012
    RENO, NV
    And it is the shipper's fault that the load is now ####'d up. Not yours.

Happened to me today. Supposed to load pipe in N. KC at 10:30am, and deliver to Albukwerkee before they close tomorrow at 2. Well, if I'm not sending my #8 until 3:30, and I still need to secure and full tarp WITH plastic wrap.....only a time machine can get me to NM in less than 24 hrs! So now it's a 8 am delivery on Fri, and I'll prolly get shafted on getting home to Reno in time for my Monday dentist appt.... Again.... Eh...who needs cavity-free teeth anyway?!

Point is, it's not our fault.

Oh, and I'm at the 66 Short Stop t.s. on 35 ex 128, a mile north of PFJ. (cuz there were 10 tons of trucks packed into that 2 ton parking lot!) There was even a guy parked on the scale because the trucks were stacked up in front of him and he couldn't move! lol :biggrin_25521:

7. KF7WTV

KF7WTV Medium Load Member

Aug 8, 2012
    RENO, NV
    Amen.
    And have you tried calling in lately? I really hate the new driver line! "My FM is unavail." "All team members are unavail." REally? REALLY??? On hold for 45 min and not one.... single....FM.... was able to take my call???? Then I call the other 800#, punch in her ext, and she picks up first ring. WTF!?

Dark Squall Thanks this.
  8. goblue

goblue Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2012
    Grand Prairie, Texas
  9. Dark Squall

Dark Squall Medium Load Member

Aug 11, 2013
    Grand Rapids, Michigan
    I think they screen their calls. I was at a terminal with a video phone set up, called 6 times on my cell, nothing. Called first time on the video phone with her extension, whamo one time and pick up. Each and every time.

--End of thread jack--

10. The OSU

The OSU Medium Load Member

Feb 6, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    MO I44 xt163 Road Ranger. D&H in Fort Smith AR at 0500 then D&H in Columbus OH on Saturday for couple days at home.
    Safety said I'd been over my hours many times (20+) mostly in May & June so they sent me a nasty gram....don't do it again, or else! WTF that can't be! Then remembered paper logs for 3 wks in May plus truck PC was on the fritz for a couple wks after that until they downloaded a patch (kept jumping from driving to on duty to off...) faxed in paper logs, oh, that's what happened. We're on speaking terms again.

goblue and Dark Squall Thank this.
  11. kardolmer

kardolmer Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2012
    Monticello MN
    At home yay in time for my youngest's birthday. Possibly launch Sunday or Monday.

Bayle, technoroom, Dark Squall and 2 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.