Roehl Driver Check In Continued

Discussion in 'Roehl' started by Treefork, Jun 4, 2013.

1. DsquareD

DsquareD Road Train Member

May 21, 2009
    Green Bay, WI
    I have been very well blessed to have had several loads cancelled or relayed, as the new dispatches have kept me out of harms way.

When Bayle and I were visiting, I was grumbling, just a little, about relaying my Atlanta load and getting a NYC load. But it all worked out very well.

Bayle Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DsquareD

May 21, 2009
    Green Bay, WI
    I'm glad it went well for you. It is way easier now that there is no snow. Some cars stay on the street for months and just get plowed around and then the street gets pretty narrow.

Also, do you have a GPS? Were you ready to throw it out the window? GPS's will go nuts trying to route you around "low" clearances. Here's what I do. I have a NYC truck profile saved with 12' height and 96" wide. It's better than car mode as it keeps me on my pre-planned truck route and makes it easier to find streets in the dark. Better be paying really close attention though and be sure to put your regular truck profile back when you leave.

4. DsquareD

May 21, 2009
    Green Bay, WI
    Just got unloaded at stop #1 and final stop, 40 minutes away, says he won't unload me today. Dispatch says sit tight until they figure out what to do.

I wonder if the company will get some kind of settlement from the shipper that was behind schedule, but what does the driver get? I'm not sure what's going to happen, but maybe it's a good thing I'm not moving as the snow just started here today and they shut down the schools already. Always gotta look at the bright side.

5. Ultra7

Ultra7 Heavy Load Member

Feb 21, 2011
    NE Ohio
    What did they expect?

6. Meltom

Meltom Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2011
    to not have the picture go all over the internet.

7. DsquareD

May 21, 2009
    Green Bay, WI
    Still hanging out at first stop. They have been extremely nice to me here. Invited me into their break room for Christmas cookies. It amazes me how nice people are to truckers when you're not at a grocery warehouse or cold storage facility.

Meltom, jeepnut_nh and Projektf350 Thank this.
  8. technoroom

technoroom Heavy Load Member

Nov 8, 2012
    The photos appear to show two SUVs and a sedan crashed into the rear of two semis, with a Roehl truck on top of the sedan. I hope my interpretation is wrong.

9. Meltom

Meltom Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2011
    Either way, it's a horrible situation.

technoroom and Bayle Thank this.
  10. Ultra7

Ultra7 Heavy Load Member

Feb 21, 2011
    NE Ohio
    Wishful thinking.

11. Ultra7

Ultra7 Heavy Load Member

Feb 21, 2011
    NE Ohio
    Is it true that Roehl lost the Lowes dedicated account out of Rockford to Pumpkin?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.