Roehl Driver Check In Continued

Discussion in 'Roehl' started by Treefork, Jun 4, 2013.

1. Scott72

Scott72 Road Train Member

Apr 7, 2013
    Have you thought about switching divisions? You have to do what you have to do to pay the bills, I totally get that. Just hate to see everybody leave the company before exhausting all options. Many leave only to return because it's not much better elsewhere unless you do get lucky with that high paying local gig everybody wants. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Heysunshine Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Heysunshine

Heysunshine Light Load Member

Jan 13, 2014
    Thanks Scott, I've heard the same thing a few times. Glad they're keeping ya moving!!!
    I love my curtain, and wish it was different. But not much I can do about it. I got a 1775 mile Texas load, which is amazing. And I hope the next few weeks continue to be good miles. It's just hard to go from a terrible 600 week to a 3000 week every other time. Too bipolar for me.

Edit: I've thought about switching, yes. But I think I'd just be happier at home. I've found a handful of jobs that pay from $22/hr-$34/hr. (And I get to sleep and shower at home!!) haha so I'm kind of hoping I can grab one of these jobs at my interview.
    Thanks for the thought though. I agree that Roehl is pretty darn good and have seen a few return after seeing some of the other OTR companies.

Scott72 Thanks this.
  4. Scott72

Apr 7, 2013
    Yep, I get it. I'll have to agree with Viking on one thing anyway, the 4th holiday does screw with freight bigtime. I had a couple very poor weeks leading up to it, but like I posted, it's good again. Hang in there. :)

5. jeepnut_nh

jeepnut_nh Medium Load Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Milford, NH
    P&H Truckstop in Wells River, VT

came out from vacation Friday and have been killing it till today

:( The Kenworth decided to kill all gauges, nope not a fuse.

fortunately my GPS displays speed so limped her here, will deliver 1st stop 40mi down I91 in the AM and we shall find a place to fix it.

FWIW on the miles discussion going on, im probably only averaging 2000 or so in the northeast regional fleet, but the kick-##### FM, premium miles and stop pay has my take home in a good place the last few months.

6. Bayle

Bayle Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2007
    Cottage Grove, MN
    Well, I'm am grateful to Roehl for the job, and the near two years I was there, I'm so far much happier with my hourly paid job, with OT. I feel much better knowing I get paid for ALL of my time and getting a paycheck for 5 days of work instead of 7. I do realize it's industry wide, not just harping on Roehl. But making in 5 days on an 8 hour day over 11-14 hours in 7 days in way better in my opinion.

Ultra7 and Dark Squall Thank this.
  7. Beedubyah

Beedubyah Light Load Member

Dec 28, 2013
    Camped out at the Cons in Glendale Heights, IL

8. WineTaster

WineTaster Light Load Member

Feb 23, 2014

I agree totally. I was told I would get 2500 miles average a week. It does not happen. When they give you 300 and 400 mile runs or less many times and they are full tarp, it is impossible to get any driving done. Then they say, you must log it as you do it. Drive 100 miles and wait and hour to load. Then, 1 to 2 hours to tarp. Drive 178 miles and spend an hour untarping and then another 2 to unload. The day is pretty much done. For the hard work, you make maybe $80. You burned up your 14 and 70 clocks hard. I had a day where they gave me three different loads that were full tarp in one day. I was busting my arse. I unloaded and untarped first thing in the morning. Drove 67 miles and load and tarp. Drove 138 and unload and tarps off. Drove 57 miles to load and tarp. At that point, I had 23 minutes on my 14. For the day, total of 262 miles. The tarp pay is not worth it. We are all working hard out there. The miles are not there. I have heard this over and over from other drivers as well.

Heysunshine Thanks this.
  9. Scott72

Apr 7, 2013
    Loves I-77 x1 VA.

10. The OSU

The OSU Medium Load Member

Feb 6, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Home...launch Zanesville OH to Winchester VA at dawn.

11. Dark Squall

Dark Squall Medium Load Member

Aug 11, 2013
    Grand Rapids, Michigan
    The week is starting slow. Two dispatches, all live and appointments on each side.
    Sigh.
    With way too much time between the customers and not enough miles.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.