Roehl Driver Check In Continued

Discussion in 'Roehl' started by Treefork, Jun 4, 2013.

1. jeepnut_nh

jeepnut_nh Medium Load Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Milford, NH
    home!

took this week as vacation, have to use the discovery flight gift my mom & sis gave me for my 50th last year.

hope I get to take the controls, of course first thing ill say is "this things good for 8 or 9 Gs right?"

have a safe week fellow Roehlies :)

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. flash01

flash01 Light Load Member

Mar 14, 2013
    Hi everyone. Thought I would contribute. Flatbed National fleet. Left Phoenix on Wednesday through Utah delivered and picked up. Headed to northern South Dakota. At a little town called Faith. Only truckstop for over a hundred miles if not more.

4. EADGBE

EADGBE Bobtail Member

Oct 11, 2014
    Roehl made me restart/reset in North Dakota two weeks ago.
    I still love my first fleet manager. She was awesome. Dan can suck a dick.
    I dropped in Wyoming, picked up in Montana, and Dan can still do his thing. I don't like him.

5. EADGBE

EADGBE Bobtail Member

Oct 11, 2014
    I haven't done the Utah run yet. I 've heard it's fast, but DOT unfriendly. You got anything to discuss? What you carried/secured through Arizona? I've only dealt with coils through Indiana. Help a cracker/white/###### out, man. #######, that sounded racist. Sorry.

6. flash01

Mar 14, 2013
    Not sure what you mean Utah is fast. I-15 is pretty good, SLC gets a little slow, but nothing like LA or Chicago. I have weighed at scales but no call in. So, not sure about unfriendly, I hear a lot about California being unfriendly especially Banning. Anyway, usually phoenix you carry pipe, structure, or billets (those solid metal cylinders). Coils are very few. Trains took those. Pipes just tier strap, structure is a pain to tarp (tarp protection, sharp edges, a lot of vinyl pieces). You will probably not get over to southwest. It is very seldom that a national driver gets over to the Southwest. All of us that live over there take up those loads. and, there is a regional fleet there. Things to discuss, well you have been driving for as long or longer than me. For Roehl and flatbed, umm edge protection is a good subject. Never tarp steel structure, keep those big card board protection from ceiling tile loads and always have like at least 8 pieces of that old tarp. Tape works to hold it in place. To really learn how it is done, talk to the guys that have done this for 10-20 years or more you can find them at truckstop not Roehl. For Rhoel umm, to much to say. Don't want to give to many secrets. Don't ask for a reset, try not to let them give you a chance to reset, even if you only have 3 hours today. If you can, do only 10 hour break and go to work. I am sure a lot disagree. IT is all up to you.

7. flash01

Mar 14, 2013
    I want to retract the part about not finding 10-20 years experience flatbed drivers at Rhoel. They are out there, but as with most similar companies most drivers around the terminals will be 1-3 years. Thats all not saying Roehl doesn't have experience, you just gotta look (ask "how long you been with Rhoel?" how long you been flatbed?").

8. goblue

goblue Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2012
    Grand Prairie, Texas
    TA by punxtatawnwy pa. I80

9. Dark Squall

Dark Squall Medium Load Member

Aug 11, 2013
    Grand Rapids, Michigan
    The D delivering a super secret nobody gets to know load...
    LOL!!!
    Just found out that despite being 2 months before qualifying to be a trainer...that it will be yet ANOTHER 6 months before considering me!!!
    Getting F--ing poed with this song and dance!!!
    6 months, 6 months!!!!
    Tell the truth!
    You don't value me or want me!!!
    And I'll never be a trainer no matter how well I do!!!

10. tilesnake

tilesnake Light Load Member

Jul 18, 2010
    Edgar, wi
    will try to make Buckley West Virginia tonight, on a side note I think something is going on with roehl , I don't even have time to post the bull I've had in the past 2 weeks.I guess just carry on

11. goblue

goblue Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2012
    Grand Prairie, Texas
    Buffalo wild wings Appleton....Alcs... Pm

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.