Roehl Driver Check In

Discussion in 'Roehl' started by Treefork, Oct 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goblue

goblue Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2012
    Grand Prairie, Texas
    Lol nevermind..im goin to bed too... Osu..another new truck? Lol. I just got 8 new drives this afternoon

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. kardolmer

kardolmer Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2012
    Monticello MN

Well if you really want to say high come to the flat bed a row from the tracks or so truck 5138.

4. Projektf350

Projektf350 Medium Load Member

Mar 31, 2012
    You guys always seem to be grouped up I always feel like a loaner. Same on the road always seem to be the only rig on the road. When I do get into a good group I can't keep up. Guess I need to upgrade the cb till I can go O/O and have a truck with its nuts intact.

5. kardolmer

Sep 2, 2012
    Monticello MN
    I am almost never around other Roehl trucks. Alot of my loads he sends me out into the boondocks. Lately i have been in the bigger freight lines. but its boring loads, steel, slinkies and so on. I like the boondocks delivering to farms in the middle of nowhere.

6. The OSU

The OSU Medium Load Member

Feb 6, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I got called a 'pace car' by several Pete's doin' 80 mph on I75 today (my radar indicated 80 mph) this '14 shaker with predictive cruise will do 68 as you approach a hill then slow to 56 at the top with it set at 61. Drives truckers crazy so I shut off the CB.

7. Bayle

Bayle Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2007
    Cottage Grove, MN
    Nah, don't worry, that's typical trucker life man. I still haven't met most of these guys face to face. We all go everywhere so much, it's a crapshoot to actually meet up. Just like I only met goblue once because I happened to have a fuel stop at truck stop he was at. Maybe 10minutes we chatted while I fueled.

8. Bayle

Bayle Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2007
    Cottage Grove, MN
    Yep, I think 9, and 10 are geared so high, you lose speed big time on even small hills. I recently got a '14 shaker. Found you can shift low rpms until 8 then have to wind her up, unless you want to take 5 miles to get up to speed.

9. kardolmer

Sep 2, 2012
    Monticello MN
    I have only really met a few from the boards its like Bayle said a crapshoot. Met Bayle only due to i was headed home and he stopped at a truck stop on my route home. Granted i probley would not of pushed that far that night if he didnt tell me he was there.

I should really go to bed i know but iam not tired. but maybe ill fall asleep soon lol

10. The OSU

The OSU Medium Load Member

Feb 6, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    True...I'm shifting around 1200 or less up to 7th then 1400 and 1500 into 10th as rpm drops to 1000-1100 on those top two gears. The cruise slows even bobtail from 66 to 56 as you roll over a hill. Still getting used to it but it's supposed to save fuel.

11. Treefork

Treefork Road Train Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Northeast Indiana
    I have met a number of people on here. I've had more than one person come up to me at terminal and other places and say "Hey aren't you Treefork?" Which Im always hesitant to own up to by the way. lol

Meltom Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.