Roehl Driver Check In

Discussion in 'Roehl' started by Treefork, Oct 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sjtrucker

sjtrucker Light Load Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Hayward WI
    If they all drove the "Roehl Way" (tm).....Our job would have 50% less stress! :biggrin_25520:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ultra7

Ultra7 Heavy Load Member

Feb 21, 2011
    NE Ohio
    You got to watch US Express out on the road and in the truck stops Driver. They have a lot of Drivers that do what you described quite often. I know I have seen it. Speaking of good old US Exprsess. I wonder what the Driver was thinking when they parked in the street accross from the entrance to the P-Lot in Oak Grove, TN Exit 86. If you have ever been there you will understand why that is an issue.

4. Newtrucker83

Newtrucker83 Medium Load Member

Apr 15, 2012
    USA
    Thanks Treefork, I'm doing well. Just need to be still and not move around or use my arms too much for the next few weeks.

Treefork Thanks this.
  5. Scott72

Scott72 Road Train Member

Apr 7, 2013
    Well I got through my first day solo, but it wasn't without a ton of stress. I was in Gary for the night and had a live load in downtown Chicago (gulp), then a drop in Maqoketa, IA. The trouble starts when I can't find an mt. FM couldn't find me one anywhere. Five hours later a guy brings one in. The five hour delay means rush hour in Chicago, which took me three hours to get through. I'm finally on my way to Maqoketa when the red check engine light comes on and the beeping starts. I immediately pull over and call maintenance. They were having cruise sensor issues before they gave me this truck, so maintenance said that's probably the issue, so keep moving. I finally get to Family Dollar only to find out the BOL doesn't have the right number. Lady makes me pull back out on the road and call my FM. Thankfully they had it, and I dropped. Of course no mt's available there either, so I bobtail home for a few days around getting in around midnight. I didn't get any food all day so I think I consumed 5,000 calories in one shot. Tell me this isn't what every day is like..lol

goblue Thanks this.
  6. McKlakin

McKlakin Light Load Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Lexington, KY
    The learning curve will straighten up a bit, and you will be less stressed about everything. Just remember do what you can control, run into problems stop, take a breath. Better safe then sorry. Good luck driver. Pretty sure I'll be stuck in Marshfield all night. Somehow I've been stuck on menards runs the past 2 days.

7. Newtrucker83

Newtrucker83 Medium Load Member

Apr 15, 2012
    USA
    Welcome to Roehl, everyday isnt like that. So days you will have a hiccup but not make many in my opinion.

8. coopnp

coopnp Road Train Member

Oct 9, 2011
    Orlando, FL
    Whenever your at a terminal bobtail or relaying once u get mt look for another mt ASAP. If none available at that time check the shop. Still none then stalk incoming drivers for one. Then when you wake up that problem is already solved and you can jus roll out. None a shipper happens then you just go on a trl hunt. Hopefully adds more miles and not too bad of a place to find. Some mistakes are good to learn by. You know next what you don't want to happen again.

9. Ultra7

Ultra7 Heavy Load Member

Feb 21, 2011
    NE Ohio
    It gets better Driver. You will have good and bad days. I know I was intimidated by the truck when I first started running solo. I am glad my first load wasn't like yours. Mine was a 2 stop relay I picked up in Ellenwood to Louisville and Rensselaer, IN.

10. Ultra7

Ultra7 Heavy Load Member

Feb 21, 2011
    NE Ohio
    At the Petro in Glade Spring, VA. So I relayed my load to another Driver in GA so they could get to a terminal. I tried to non commit this load I am on now due to hours and how little room I had to make it. I have a 1030 appt on Monday in Somersworth, NH.

11. coopnp

coopnp Road Train Member

Oct 9, 2011
    Orlando, FL
    My first load was 47k of bottled water from lee fl to il somewhere. Mont eagle almost gross 1st solo load at the time seemed nuts but I just did what I was taught and it was gravy. Stupid bottled anything

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.