Roehl Driver Check In

Discussion in 'Roehl' started by Treefork, Oct 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scott72

Scott72 Road Train Member

Apr 7, 2013
    Yep definitely learned my lesson on that one. I'll be sitting under an mt the night before next time.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Scott72

Apr 7, 2013
    Did you have the $300 inverter installed? I'm assuming the TV won't run on anything smaller? On another note, those that have XM radio, where did you install the antenna? I tried to do that today, but most of the truck is plastic and the magnet won't stick to anything?

4. The OSU

The OSU Medium Load Member

Feb 6, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Ran the antenna over the cabinets and out the top condo window and stuck in on the metal plate mounted at the top behind the condo then used electrical tape to help secure the wire. Works great so far, but haven't washed it either. Not sure it would handle the brushes.

5. DrFlush

DrFlush Road Train Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Upstate NY
    I have a 19" flatscreen I run on a 175watt inverter, tv only pulls 50 watts, phone charger and DVD player plugged into same inverter pulling about 150 watts total. On my prostar I have my magnetic xm antenna on the roof out the passenger side, washed the truck the other day and forgot to bring it in, stayed put just fine.

6. Scott72

Apr 7, 2013
    I didn't realize TV's pulled so little. As far as the XM antenna, I tried all over that area and wouldn't stick to anything. Plastic everywhere on my KW. I'll have to try OSU's idea assuming there's metal anywhere on the outside of this truck.

7. Treefork

Treefork Road Train Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Northeast Indiana
    Yeah I run a 22" LED tv on a 300 watt 12v inverter. Works just fine. I stream Netflix from my phone.

8. DrFlush

DrFlush Road Train Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Upstate NY
    If you look on the labels on electrical appliances it will tell you what they pull for power, If you need to convert from amps it is amp x volts eqalls watts

Projektf350 Thanks this.
  9. Zangief

Zangief Medium Load Member

Feb 19, 2011
    Jags Fan in Viking Country
    That first day is always a tough one. The more you drive, the easier and less stressful things will get. Best of luck from here on in, and welcome to Roehl!

10. goblue

goblue Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2012
    Grand Prairie, Texas
    Xm antenna...they have a $10 metal plate with hole..serious ripoff..that u can put between yur cb antenna and mirror..i bought it and works great. Have all my wired tucked nice and perfect. Stuck my xm mount onto the quallcom bracket..works great, easy to change channels.

I have apu. Im at the 295 ta in jersey across from philly..pickin up about 50 channels. Walmart tv cost $98...19 in, fits perfect. Got lg dvd there too for $35. New verizon phone is next purchase..i hav old unlimited plan so i need to buy better phone outright or get one black mkt.

Ist drive into jersey ovet barry bridge..nice view of soccer stadium from the air...also had to pass, as dale would say, two pilgrim wagons today, i call em amish.

11. goblue

goblue Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2012
    Grand Prairie, Texas
    I grabbed a load out of chicago friday headed to ohio..looked at route and had me goin home on the way..wasnt ready for ht yet so.i relayed it to gary. I need to.get my teeth cleaned and was waiting for ins. To kickin..i think its on jun1. Today.
    So yur at home tonite..does that count as a ht day or is it a freebee...when i was phase three i was always sent home mt. Im tempted to leave my car at gary..im stayin out for a while, only a 2.5 hr drive home maybe once every three or four weeks.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.