Roehl Flatbed

Discussion in 'Roehl' started by New1here, Apr 26, 2016.

1. New1here

New1here Bobtail Member

Mar 25, 2016
    Those on the Flatbed, what trucks are they issuing to new drivers out of training these days and how are they outfitted? Also, I've heard National Flatbed pay is either .39 or .41 cpm. Which is it? Thanks!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Pandemic

Pandemic Bobtail Member

May 6, 2014
    Prostar or Cascadia. Could be brand new, or a couple years old. Not sure what they're starting new drivers at; any recruiter should be able to tell you.

4. New1here

New1here Bobtail Member

Mar 25, 2016
    Thanks. The Recruiter told me .39, but when I looked at their website later it said .41 for national flatbed.

5. Zip_Zero_Zilch_00

Zip_Zero_Zilch_00 Light Load Member

May 8, 2016
    Detroit, MI
    I have been in touch with a recruiter and am in the planning stages of heading to Roehl for the training. They offered me the .41 saying it was more based on me living in a premium area near busy lanes and the Canadian border even though im not close to a terminal.

6. avenger79

avenger79 Medium Load Member

Sep 13, 2010
    WIS
    yep if you are in a premium cargo zone it is .41 otherwise .39

7. MadMax17

MadMax17 Light Load Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Las Vegas, NV.
    I just started with Roehl flabed outta Vegas. I have about 2 1/2 years experience OTR & OTHER. I started with them at .44 cpm (new to flatbed tho). I like the company a lot. They really show concern & care for us as drivers. They have great shower facilities, (towels included) {wow}, they fix things quickly, they have plenty of spare items as needed. Let me know if you have any further questions, will help if I can.
    I only have about 10,000 miles the first month, but this is flatbread... SLOW TO LEARN, TARPING TAKES TIME, CHAINS, SECUREMENT... ALL TAKES TIME TO LEARN & DO, especially in the beginning. Remember we do get compensation for the tarping.
    Oh yes, and they did issue me & one other in my orientation a newer Freightliner Cascadia truck 47k miles. Clean/Sweet

Lawdog71, KF7WTV and TB John Thank this.
  8. KF7WTV

KF7WTV Medium Load Member

Aug 8, 2012
    RENO, NV
    I started my CDL career with Roehl flatbed back in middle of 2012. Drove with them for 14 months, before moving to a smaller flatbed company that gave me more miles at almost the same pay. Now I drive dedicated intermodal so I'm home almost every day, but am considering going OTR again.
    Is Roehl using any Conestoga / roll-top trailers, yet? And do you know what percent of their flatbed truck fleet is automatic? TIA

9. Zip_Zero_Zilch_00

Zip_Zero_Zilch_00 Light Load Member

May 8, 2016
    Detroit, MI
    I have been here at Gary for about 3 weeks for flatbed.... have yet to see one roll-top or even one auto trans.

10. Lawdog71

Lawdog71 Bobtail Member

Jun 9, 2015
    Thatcher/Tremonton UT
    MM- you still with Roehl?

11. MadMax17

MadMax17 Light Load Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Las Vegas, NV.
    Yes, still there currently, but thinly, cause of personal problems (moving & fam)...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.