Roehl Flatbed?

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by Saddleman61, Oct 31, 2017.

1. Saddleman61

Saddleman61 Bobtail Member

Sep 25, 2017
    Can someone tell me if Rohel trains with standard i have seen a few you tube videos and they all seem to be automatic trucks Thank you ahead

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Automatics are the thing these days. Supposedly gas savers. If companies want standards. Those are special order now and take more time to build.

My last OTR company orders automatics. My truck i had with that company. Was special ordered with a 13 speed. The last and probably only truck in his fleet now with a standard. I told the boss I'd quit if he ordered me an auto. He already had the order placed and had to have the dealer change the order. He's a small company also. Less then 15 trucks.

If you want a standard. Your best bet is probably local companies these days. The megas are probably all going with auto's.

stwik Thanks this.
  4. Saddleman61

Sep 25, 2017
    Thank you hoping to train with someone I do not have to have that restriction on my license

5. MIflatbedder

MIflatbedder Bobtail Member

Nov 1, 2017
    Just Fyi, Roehl trains and does road test with a 10 speed. Once you have your CDL you might be put with a trainer that has either a 10 speed or a auto.

6. Streetroddreams

Streetroddreams Medium Load Member

Oct 19, 2017
    North Central Missouri
    I've heard rumors that is express is going. Back to manuals.... Just a fuel lane rumor I think

Saddleman61 Thanks this.
  7. Saddleman61

Sep 25, 2017
    Roehl Trains with a 10 speed manual so you wont have that on your License like Eric said talk to recruiter the other day I got my Offer Letter from Roehl Today I start the 27th in there GYCDL Honor program Thank you everyone fr all the info and help

8. MIflatbedder

Nov 1, 2017
    What location are you training at? I’m in marshfield now. End of week 1. So far so good.

Saddleman61 Thanks this.
  9. Saddleman61

Sep 25, 2017
    Gary Indiana that was the closest to me and said that is there flatbed training facility I live in Oregon really looking forward to this

10. MIflatbedder

Nov 1, 2017
    cool. It’s fast pace but at the same time they make sure you understand what you are learning and will help you if you need more time.

Saddleman61 Thanks this.
  11. Saddleman61

Sep 25, 2017
    Well how is it going? Was wondering I live in Oregon lots of rain ready for that but going flatbed I am going to be in lots more then rain anyone have suggestions for work clothes? You keep a summer and winter set? Water proof?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.