Roehl lease program?

Discussion in 'Roehl' started by spinpsychle, Mar 22, 2009.

1. flatbeddin'

flatbeddin' Bobtail Member

Dec 7, 2008
    midwest
    Good luck Dr. on ur trip to Texas. I'll be spending a 34 hour reset in Texas after an over 3600 mile week. If I've learned anything in my first month, it's these things: be very very very frugal with ur money, enjoy ur new found power with the speed limiter removed but watch ur right foot because it's easy to blow fuel out the stack, the long runs are nice but they pay less per mile, and enjoy grandpa HE RULES.

Baack Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. SpeedyWho

SpeedyWho Light Load Member

Sep 8, 2007
    Left Lane
    Theres no speed limit on L/O truck? Man that would be sweet I hated 65mph. I drove flats for Roehl 01-04, there wasn't hardly any L/O's then. I think I'd have stayed longer if I had tried it. But we just never thought about it because we never saw any.

4. Oldguynewjob

Oldguynewjob Light Load Member

Oct 7, 2008
    Il.
    I have not seen much from Dr. Venture or etch5858 lately. I hope they are too busy to post about their progress on the I.C. side of Roehl.
    You guys doing O.K. ????
    I am only at the home computer every 11 days so I do miss things.

5. grc56_tn

grc56_tn Light Load Member

Jun 24, 2009
    all over
    I spoke with Etch today ... he's doing well ...... Dan decided it would be better if I waited until the first of the year to switch over ...... get a little more recent experiance under my belt ..... They're gonna keep me assigned to the o/o fm since I'll be switching next year ..... at least they gave me a decent truck today ..... 07 columbia with an apu and only 138k miles

6. ETCH5858

ETCH5858 Medium Load Member

Feb 25, 2009
    I am very pleased with my choice. It is a completely differnt side of Roehl. For example: I will pickup in the morning in Canton and deliver by St paul. I have my next 2 preplans already which keep me moving until Wednesday. This is no B/S. I have made nearly as much in my nearly two months as I did in the first 7 months of the year. Remember I was 7/4-7-3. The fuel surcharge is very fair. I have tried to contact Venture but have not heard back. Remember I brought my own truck to Roehl but I have been keeping track of what I would have been making if I leased my old Volvo from Roehl and the net result would have been acceptable.

7. Oldguynewjob

Oct 7, 2008
    Il.
    ETCH Glad to hear you'r doing well. How is the home time working for you?

8. ETCH5858

ETCH5858 Medium Load Member

Feb 25, 2009
    I thought it would be a issue but it really hasn't. I stay out 2 weeks at a time and when you see that you are building something it makes it easier to handle. A couple weeks back I was heading home and down in Oklahoma. 200 miles from the house when my DSR offered me a load to D.C and then would have me a load right back home. I decided to take it and got home 4 days late but made almost $3000 for those 2 trips after fuel.

9. Oldguynewjob

Oct 7, 2008
    Il.
    WOW! sounds like you have it figured out. Its great to hear somebody having good things happening in this difficult economy. Continued good luck and keep us posted.

10. Dr. Venture

Dr. Venture Medium Load Member

Jun 29, 2008
    Ithaca, NY
    I'm here. Been moving pretty good, not much to complain about. I am having some EGR issues but it should be covered under warranty. I get the home now more than I did as a company driver, mainly because I can go out of route if I want to when I am going near the house. Just started working the through the CABS course and it's pretty good information, but also a huge advertisement for ATBS... but that should be expected. Going to try and keep making this work with some family stuff going on, but we'll see.

11. Rug_Trucker

Rug_Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 7, 2009
    Near Nashville TN
    Did you guys learn how to find your "sweet spot" when you were in school? That is one thing they are going to teach me at the school I am going to.

A friend of mine O/O gets his best at 59mph empty or loaded. 427HP 18 speed Mack.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.