Roehl n getting my cdls

Discussion in 'Roehl' started by Detroit diesel 2000, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Detroit diesel 2000

Detroit diesel 2000 Light Load Member

Jan 8, 2017
    I was just wondering how roehl cdl program is n if there is anyone that can answer questions for me..like how they are as a company?is there a wait between school n getting with a trainer?the miles there n money?i live in indiana so im in good lanes for fright..

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Powder Joints

Powder Joints Subjective Prognosticator

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    The problem for most new drivers really isnot the companies like they state, its them adjusting to the romantic life of a otr driver. mentally more difficult for some then other, but as humans we seldom bame ourselves. tough out a couple of months,

Gypsyink74, DRAGON64 and Texnmidwest Thank this.
  4. Texnmidwest

Texnmidwest Light Load Member

Mar 6, 2015
    Well said Powder Joints.

Roehl is a wonderful company that provides excellent training and new driver support. Hard to find a company better for new drivers JMHO.

5. Detroit diesel 2000

Jan 8, 2017
    My biggest thing is money..you hear alot of guys saying they bring home $500 a week..i have a good job now n bring home double that n sleep at home every nite...i have wife n kids to support can't do 500.

Friend Thanks this.
  6. Texnmidwest

Mar 6, 2015
    Good luck. Stay where you are. .

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  7. Detroit diesel 2000

Jan 8, 2017
    Ok thank you..i make good money just over what i do..i do landscaping...i have wanted to drive for along time the fear of not making enought keeps me away..i was blind siding for my dad at 14 yr old n spotting trailer...i want to drive just want to make the money i need to..i have tought of going to tmc to..tmc n roehl was my top picks...

8. Texnmidwest

Mar 6, 2015
    I now run line haul for Old Dominion Freight. Some of our line haul drivers make upwards of 90K a year. Home every day. The trick is getting the experience. Ya gotta pay your dues.

I started with Roehl and am very happy with their training and the way I was treated in general. At the year mark I was broaching 60K and having fun.....wife said "...get your fuzzy butt home...." so I had to come off the road.

Seems that in trucking you don't really start making coin until about 6 to 9 months. Those that say otherwise are the exception not the rule. JMHO

DRAGON64 Thanks this.
  9. IR0ND0G

IR0ND0G Bobtail Member

Oct 16, 2016
    I'm just waiting for the return phone call, ready to get going.

10. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
  11. IR0ND0G

IR0ND0G Bobtail Member

Oct 16, 2016
    To get started, that's the deal. That's close to my current jobs pay and it's only the beginning.

TROOPER to TRUCKER Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.