Roehl n getting my cdls

Discussion in 'Roehl' started by Detroit diesel 2000, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Drpparker95

Drpparker95 Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2017
    Meridian mississippi
    The job center won't do it until August. But by then I can do fafsa

Duurtipoker Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Detroit diesel 2000

Detroit diesel 2000 Light Load Member

Jan 8, 2017
    So you done with tmc after they sent you home?could you not go back or decided just not to?

4. Duurtipoker

Duurtipoker Medium Load Member

Nov 3, 2016
    Hagerstown, MD
    I'm still waiting on getting my CPAP.

Since I quit my job to go to the training I no longer had health insurance, so I have to rely on medicaid right now to get the machine. Well that's government so nothing happens fast.

Once I do have it, I'll have a coupe choices. If I can find a temporary job to pay the bills I'll most likely stick it out til June, get lots of time on the CPAP and go back to TMC at that time.

If I can't find a temporary job I'll use the CPAP for 30 days, at which time my local CME said they will give me a 1 year DoT, and then I'll go to Roehl. Roehl doesn't require 90 days or anything, just as long as you have a DoT card.

Ed

5. Detroit diesel 2000

Jan 8, 2017
    I hear you there...bills half to be paid one way or another....how did you feel about tmc before that?

6. Duurtipoker

Nov 3, 2016
    Hagerstown, MD

They're still my first choice. That's mostly due to the hometime, equipment and flatbed. I was only there for a single day, which was fine, so I can't exactly give great insight. The hotel they put you up in (company owned) is clean and has a gym, pool, mini store, rec room with TVs and pool tables, free coffee in the lobby at all hours. You will have a stranger for a room mate, unless you pay the difference for your own room. The people who work there were very helpful. The one meal I had at the training facility was fine. Way too much for me personally, we had chicken fried steak, potatoes, veg, deserts, coffee, juice etc etc. I'm not much of a big lunch eater so I mostly had salad and a roll. Everyone I talked to there was cool, supportive. Even the trainer I had for the day was trying to boost me up after I told him I was getting shipped out.

I'm still in contact with 3 of the people that I started training with and they're all quite happy so far. One of them was also sent home the day after I was, for blood pressure issues. He got it under control and went back and is getting his own truck tomorrow. The other two are still with trainer, no complaints so far.

If it weren't for the bills piling up I wouldn't even consider going anywhere else to start out. But they're 90 day policy may not be workable for me.

Ed

7. Drpparker95

Jan 2, 2017
    Meridian mississippi
    I know the feeling with bills. Unfortunately mcdonalds doesn't exactly pay alot hell I'm doing good to make 450

8. Duurtipoker

Nov 3, 2016
    Hagerstown, MD
    If I hadn't put money aside to cover January before I went to training I'd be in worse trouble. As it is I was denied unemployment benefits because I willingly left my old job.

I have a job interview next week so hopefully things will be moving in the right direction soon. If I don't get that, and if unemployment doesn't accept my appeal, I may have to go nuclear and ditch my apartment and find a place to live for a few months.

Not a competition here but, I'd take that 450 right now lol. I'm looking at jobs I never thought I'd have to look at again at my age.

Ed

9. Drpparker95

Jan 2, 2017
    Meridian mississippi
    I definitely agree im thankful for the fast food job right now it pays cell phone and car insurance. Just looking for something with a better future

10. IR0ND0G

IR0ND0G Bobtail Member

Oct 16, 2016
    I got an official starting date of Feb 13 in Appleton.

11. Detroit diesel 2000

Jan 8, 2017
    Good luck...be safe..glad everything worked out..can't wait to see how everything is for you with roehl

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.