Roehl or Prime?

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Jddjunior, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Dealt

Dealt Bobtail Member

Dec 9, 2018
    Fortunately, I may have found a teaching job. I appreciated your help. I joined this forum to make sure that new truckers know about this and what they'd be getting into.

Oderus Urungus and Rocknroller4 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rocknroller4

Rocknroller4 Road Train Member

Nov 25, 2015
    I just got off the phone with Roehl and they mentioned that 7000 dollar contract. A bit concerned because if I couldn't stay I don't want to owe more money especially after paying off my CDL school loan already that was 2000. Are they a decent company though? What were their personnel like?

4. Dealt

Dealt Bobtail Member

Dec 9, 2018
    I'm still in the process of figuring out this situation. Waiting to hear back from HR. I'm hoping that there was a miscommunication between departments. I know that they do make you pay it back if you received the CDL from them and then resign, that is so to cover their expenses. Otherwise, anyone could get paid for the CDL, then quit. I'll follow up with everyone about it. The company is decent, large which is a good or bad thing. The training was strenuous for a newbie, like myself, because the road time was limited by having 4 people to a truck. The training staff was great and the program was detailed with useful information. My only complaint was having 4 people to a truck and this weird circumstance that I'm going through.

Mil2Sec2Trucking and Rocknroller4 Thank this.
  5. Jddjunior

Jddjunior Bobtail Member

Nov 25, 2018
    Good luck with that. Let us know what happens!

Mil2Sec2Trucking Thanks this.
  6. Crazytrucker77

Crazytrucker77 Heavy Load Member

Nov 23, 2014
    Grants Pass, OR
    For me it is because I am not really interested in owning a truck right now. I just want to have a chance at making better money then I was as a company driver which I have done. I am not saying I will never buy a truck. I just want to see if I want the responsibility without being stuck with a truck. This was my first year as a lease driver (not L/P) and I would say it was a success for me. I know it could be seen as a waste of money because I am paying for my companies truck but if I wanted to leave now I could and not have to worry about paying a truck note until I can sell it. Know what I mean.

7. Jddjunior

Jddjunior Bobtail Member

Nov 25, 2018
    It seems like lease driver is better than company driver

8. IluvCATS

IluvCATS Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Seattle, WA
    Wheelz is Roehlin’

Mil2Sec2Trucking Thanks this.
  9. Mil2Sec2Trucking

Mil2Sec2Trucking Bobtail Member

Nov 29, 2018
    California
    For those with experience that question may be a joke, but without elaborating on why it is joke to Bobtail Members it doesn't really help us Newbies.
    By researching, following several Youtube, Facebook, and other Social Media Individuals, I narrowed down my own choices to the above companies (Roehl and Prime), and Jim Palmer ( thank you @Chinatown ). The above companies appear to be a better choice rather than CR England and some other Starter companies.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  10. Molonl4beNC

Molonl4beNC Bobtail Member

Jan 12, 2019

Chinatown Thanks this.
  11. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    To my knowledge, Jim Palmer doesn't pay while in cdl school.
    I like those coast to coast reefer outfits though.
    @Molonl4beNC

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.