Roehl Orientation questions

Discussion in 'Roehl' started by onthefence, Nov 3, 2010.

1. onthefence

onthefence Medium Load Member

Sep 1, 2010
    Rensselaer, NY
    I passed my CDL A road test today and am scheduled for orientation on the 15th of November. I realize that many companies use these orientations to weed people out. Here's the deal: my school trained my on both automatic and stick (10 speed). However, most was on automatic and since it took me 3 tries to nail the road test, it will be almost a month since I last drove stick. Should I be concerned? I really don't want the long bus trip home. I want to pass, I just don't know what to expect.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JunkHauler

JunkHauler Light Load Member

Jan 6, 2010
    Hamersville, OH
    Congratulations on passing your test, I believe most of Roehl's trucks are 10 speed.

4. onthefence

Sep 1, 2010
    Rensselaer, NY
    Yes, but once again, it will have been almost a month since last driving stick when I arrive at Roehl.

5. childerscarl1

childerscarl1 Medium Load Member

Nov 11, 2009
    skunkflats,ark
    relax, unless they have dramatically changed things , you get to drive a truck around thier test course before your first evaluation drive. Which is to see if you know the basics that cdl schools teach, then roehl teach's you the roehl way. good luck !

onthefence Thanks this.
  6. BCinOH

BCinOH Light Load Member

Oct 13, 2010
    Zanesville, Ohio
    Congrats onthefence on finally passing that test....I guess third times a charm.

7. onthefence

Sep 1, 2010
    Rensselaer, NY
    I will be driving to Marshfield, WI from Albany, NY (19 hours). Roehl is providing a rental car and $35 for a one night hotel stay as 19 hours is not realistically drivable in one day. I must be at their hotel at 7PM so that all the prospects can drop off our rental cars. After my 3 days of orientation, I will be sent home until the Saturday after Thanksgiving. Only thing is: my birthday is that Saturday, so I will have to cut any plans short since I need to be on the road no later than 2PM. I don't really want to be in a rental car on my birthday, but it sure beats unemployment!

8. 123456

123456 Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2010
    When you get your truck,

you'll find out 19 is realistic in 1 day......

Good Luck !!!

9. onthefence

Sep 1, 2010
    Rensselaer, NY
    DOT says 11 hours legally. Correct?

10. BCinOH

BCinOH Light Load Member

Oct 13, 2010
    Zanesville, Ohio
    onthefence....I leave home for Marshfield on Sunday and only have a 12 hour drive. Be safe and enjoy the experience.

11. onthefence

Sep 1, 2010
    Rensselaer, NY
    So I'll meet you there?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.