Roehl Orientation questions

Discussion in 'Roehl' started by onthefence, Nov 3, 2010.

1. paoldschool

paoldschool Heavy Load Member

Aug 8, 2010
    Mount Jewett, PA
    They need less drivers so they are getting more strict on the testing, which is fine with me it makes my job training easier if they have a clue when they get in the truck. I'm sorry that it didn't work out for you, hope that you get picked by someone else. Good luck.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MayhemTrucking

MayhemTrucking Heavy Load Member

Mar 23, 2010
    Denham Springs, La.
    hell i agree with needing less but every time im at a termainal i see 6 to 10 fresh meat... i mean new drivers hehe. hats off to you for being a trainer though. i dont know how u do it and stay sane lol

4. onthefence

onthefence Medium Load Member

Sep 1, 2010
    Rensselaer, NY
    I just received an email from my recruiter and she said I could reapply with 6 months experience.

5. MayhemTrucking

Mar 23, 2010
    Denham Springs, La.
    well dont give up thats for sure... theres a 100 other companies out there hiring students for u to get exp. in

best of luck. keep us posted :)

6. onthefence

Sep 1, 2010
    Rensselaer, NY
    I am leaning toward USXpress as they use automatics and have a terminal close to home. I am waiting on DMV to send me my permanent license as opposed to the paper temporary one. Also, I am waiting for their recruiter to call me back as I have left several messages. The school I went to said that he will be calling soon.

7. jbrockin10

jbrockin10 Bobtail Member

Nov 3, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    onthefence ... sorry to hear about what happened with your road test ! Now I'm a little worried ... I'm a recent CDL school grad heading to Ellenwood on 12/6. My only experience in trucks is what I got in the 3 week class I took ... bare bones at best ! It'll be over a month since I've been behind the wheel by the time I get up there, I'm hoping I'll still remember what to do lol ! I had an offer to go with Stevens but decided to hold out for Roehl. I'm curious as to what tripped you up on your road test ... downshifting was my biggest hurdle in school, though it finally started to fall into place on my last day. Any heads up you could provide would be appreciated.

Good luck with your job search, hope you land something soon !

8. onthefence

Sep 1, 2010
    Rensselaer, NY
    It was also 1 month since I was behind the wheel. I was single clutching and it did not work. I urge you to ask your school to let you have at least 1 shifting class before you go even if you have to pay for it.

9. MayhemTrucking

Mar 23, 2010
    Denham Springs, La.
    remember.. clutch. out of gear. clutch. into next gear. its all timing... and watch them rpms... if too high or too low ur timing can be perfect and it will wont go into gear lol

10. onthefence

Sep 1, 2010
    Rensselaer, NY
    Thanks, but too late now. The US Xpress recruiter has not called me back. I need to work!

11. paoldschool

paoldschool Heavy Load Member

Aug 8, 2010
    Mount Jewett, PA
    Good luck, someone will pick you up. As for being a trainer, with enough Prozac anything is possible. It just takes lots of patients, most are pretty good guys just trying to feed their families, probably the hardest part is sharing the truck, there is never enough room.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.