Roehl Orientation questions

Discussion in 'Roehl' started by onthefence, Nov 3, 2010.

1. Cheryl

Cheryl Medium Load Member

Feb 13, 2007
    NW PA
    The new trucks for flats have a 60" bunk. Downsizing from a 70" isn't going to be any fun.:biggrin_25513:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. paoldschool

paoldschool Heavy Load Member

Aug 8, 2010
    Mount Jewett, PA
    I saw that also, not a whole lot of room... I guess I am glad I got one of the 2007's that had been sitting around. It had 233 miles on it when I got it a month ago. I don't know the reason behind the change, but if I had to guess, it was probably all about the cost of the truck. Rick and the gang in the office need to wrap their heads around driver comfort, we have to live in these things, some of us for as much as a month at a time, the average prison inmate has more living room than we do. I don't need a new 389 Pete, but don't take away my space either.

4. GypsyWillowDusk72

GypsyWillowDusk72 Medium Load Member

Jul 14, 2009
    everywhere
    Try Schneider. They hire new grads.

5. onthefence

onthefence Medium Load Member

Sep 1, 2010
    Rensselaer, NY
    Are you sure? A woman in my CDL school class called them and they told her she needed at least 3 months experience. I have sent them an email anyway just to be sure.

6. hindsy

hindsy Road Train Member

Mar 23, 2010
    USA
    Its the trainees like me that make him look good... lol:biggrin_25523:

Thank God for only 4 days... lol No I actually would have liked a little more time. Think I would have helped to get me away from them flatbeds quicker...

7. hindsy

hindsy Road Train Member

Mar 23, 2010
    USA
    onthefence
    Sorry to hear. I know that was my biggest fear coming all the way here for class. Good luck to you... Someone will give you a shot.

8. onthefence

Sep 1, 2010
    Rensselaer, NY
    USXpress is getting cold feet because of my 1 at fault accident. I even included the police report to show the details. They chose NOT to read it and offered me a pre-hire when they really didn't want to.

I may have no choice but to go to Swift, since they seem to be less 'picky,' but man 25 cents a mile. :(

9. hindsy

hindsy Road Train Member

Mar 23, 2010
    USA

Check out the post by Oldnewbie. He's been on here forever and went thru swift. He's still out there. Check some of his Swift Posts. I think one is I'll get by with a little help from my friends. Good luck to you.

10. Mountainman444

Mountainman444 Light Load Member

Dec 28, 2008
    North GA
    When taking your driving test with Roehl, Double clutch, always double clutch. I don't care if you can single clutch or are the greatest slip shifter in the world, double clutch the truck while taking the driving test. I've seen as many people sent home because they didn't double clutch while taking the driving test as about anything else. You don't have to do it perfect but you do have to be trying.

11. onthefence

Sep 1, 2010
    Rensselaer, NY
    Mountainman: its already TOO LATE. I failed. They are NOT giving me another chance. Reminding me to double clutch after I have already been sent home is not going to help me pass.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.