ROEHL "slow freight"

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by J. Michael, Feb 23, 2008.

1. drive55cat

drive55cat Medium Load Member

Mar 3, 2007
    Pa
    Roehl was bought by Maverick LLC

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. drive55cat

drive55cat Medium Load Member

Mar 3, 2007
    Pa
    I think if you want to know the future, you look at Mav's past/present.

4. MO family man

MO family man Heavy Load Member

Oct 31, 2007
    Nunya, MO
    The pplan miles given are based on the old short miles pay. It provides an opportunity for you to see how bad be were getting hosed before. Roehl will not allow you to forget a nice thing they ever do for us. You don't see many examples of running less miles than dispatched I'm guessing one in fifty, it just doesn't happen much. Now here come the guys that will tell us it happens to them "All the time"

5. MO family man

Oct 31, 2007
    Nunya, MO
    What are you talking about?
    :biggrin_2551:

6. Redwolf

Redwolf Medium Load Member

Jan 22, 2007
    IL
    News to me.:biggrin_25513:

7. rumandcoke123

rumandcoke123 Light Load Member

Feb 21, 2008
    everywhere, usa
    I agree it is rare, probably closer to 1 in a hundred. Also was not talking about the preplan. just pointing out that when you run shorter then the dispatched miles you will get penalized. As payroll puts it "how can you expect us to pay you for miles you did not drive" but when you drive, as an example over 100 miles on a routed run, the response when questioned is "We only pay what we bill the customer". Good example of this is the rerouteing of big island,va.

8. Unka_D

Unka_D Light Load Member

Jan 19, 2008
    The Open Road, USA
    :biggrin_25523::biggrin_25523::biggrin_25523::biggrin_25523:Sorry... Couldn't help myself...

Never had that happen to me and I routinely route myself the shortest truck legal route that I can find. The fact that I have ProMiles software and can customize my route helps of course.

Reality check... The dispatched miles both empty and loaded that come across on the dispatch are the miles that ROEHL is contracting with you that you'll get paid. If you are or have been shorted on those miles, then you need to take that dispatch number and any supporting documentation including your settlement sheet up to Marshfield and demand your money.

The only valid reason for changing the dispatched miles is if a drop is deleted from the load or the final delivery point is changed. In that case, the dispatch has to be completely redone.

9. bucksandducks

bucksandducks Medium Load Member

Mar 29, 2007
    WI
    A few years ago I picked up a load at that paper mill by Groveton, NH. The bills had the paid miles on them. They were about a hundred more than the paid miles on the QC. Of course it routed through Canada to get to MN.

10. bucksandducks

bucksandducks Medium Load Member

Mar 29, 2007
    WI
    A few years ago I picked up a load at that paper mill by Groveton, NH. The bills had the paid miles on them. They were about a hundred more than the paid miles on the QC. Of course it was routed through Canada to get to MN. So the shipper pays Roehl to go through the states. Roehl pays us the mileage to go through Canada. Its little things like this that tick drivers' off. I used to go through downtown Chicago all the time to avoid the tolls and save money. Not anymore, I run 294, thats the way it is routed anyways. I run the IN turnpike too, not US 20.
    Last week I was talking to a Roehl driver at our Roehl truckstop in Strattanville, PA. He was an Honor Program driver. He said he was on his way to Marshfield to get an APU put in. He said his idle time is usually 65-70%. He runs the truck all the time for his cooler, tv, laptop , and playstation. He even has a bunk heater but never uses it. He said he doesn't get the fuel bonus so it doesn't matter to him. I thought, ya right, you might be going to Marshfield but it will be for the walk of shame, not for an APU. I end up in Marshfield as well. Low and behold, there he is up in the drivers' room while they installed his APU. So there is this guy who could care less and gets rewarded. Here I am with my 10% idle, bunk heater, and truck that shuts off my tv after and hour and cooler half way through the night. The batteries are fine though according to maintenance.

11. MO family man

Oct 31, 2007
    Nunya, MO
    That's bullsh...yeah you know. You're right it is stuff like this that makes me want to yank my friggin' hair out. My last truck just gave up the ghost and was being sent off for big time repairs so I was getting dropped into a "New" truck. The first truck assigned had around 250000 on it and reaked of smoke and I'm not sure but I think the guy was raising pigs in it. The next one offered was also used with 150000 one it that the prior user smacked into a pole with the hood. It drives fine but the crooked bumper drives me nuts to look at. Nine years there and they can't drop me in one of the new trucks? I gotta run out a pre-f-ed up truck. Sure as god makes little green apples I will run into a six month wonder trainer soon rolling along in a new ride. PM me and I'll tell you how to adjust the voltage cut off on your truck. It's good to have it high in the winter but it's warm enough now to set it for summer use.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.