Roehl transmission choice?

Discussion in 'Roehl' started by Bearskin9898, Oct 24, 2019.

1. Bearskin9898

Bearskin9898 Bobtail Member

Oct 24, 2019
    Hello. I'm about to take my permit test and I'll be ready to leave for the gycdl program at roehl.
    I was originally gonna go with prime but wasn't able too. I know they let you pick what you wanna train on but I completely forgot and never asked my recruiter how it works at roehl.
    I called her today and apparently your required to test on a 10 speed? Can anyone confirm this?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Atlanta trucker

Atlanta trucker Road Train Member

Jan 25, 2017
    Roehl is bad news bad bad news.
    Get a real job with a real company as soon as possible.

Oderus Urungus and Bearskin9898 Thank this.
  4. Bearskin9898

Bearskin9898 Bobtail Member

Oct 24, 2019
    I don't have my cdl and don't have the money to get it on my own. What would a better choice be for a get your cdl company? Prime denied my application for some reason so that's not a option. I'm just looking for a company I can get my cld with and put in the required year or two at the most then immediately switch over to something local. I'm in the central Michigan area if that matters.

5. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    There are worse places than Roehl to learn the ropes. You will be fine.

6. metallifreak10

metallifreak10 Light Load Member

Aug 20, 2010
    Wishing I was in Alaska
    I worked at Roehl for 4 months as my first trucking job before getting a job a Pepsi.

Long story short, they weren’t bad in 2010. I was on regional 5-7 out, 2 home. It was more like 7-9 out, but they gave me 3 off in return. One time I was out 12 days, but they gave me 4 off in return. I averaged a little over $750 a week gross. I took advantage of my home time and never pushed to stay out since I hated OTR. There was no forced dispatch to NYC, but they sent me to Canada like twice per month (they paid extra for that).

It’s a starter company, but I don’t think they are a bad starter company. The two dispatchers I had weren’t overly pushy. The one time I had an issue with hours when it came to a load they wanted me to take, they didn’t give me crap and actually agreed I would be in trouble with my 14 hours if I even hit the slightest traffic along the way. They never pushed me to drive illegal.

JOHNQPUBLIC and Lonesome Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.