Roehl Transport CDL School

Discussion in 'Roehl' started by ZCrawford, Jul 24, 2016.

1. ZCrawford

ZCrawford Bobtail Member

Jul 24, 2016
    I'm thinking about going to Roehl Transport's CDL School to get my CDL License. There CDL School contract is you have to drive for them for 15 months. If in 6 months I realize OTR isn't for me and I try getting a local driving job with a different company. Would Roehl verify that I worked for them for 6 months when the company I applied to contacts them? I heard some companies won't verify you worked for them if you're still under contract with them.

If Roehl won't verify I worked for them if I break the contract, does anyone know what companies will verify you worked for them even if you're still under contract with them?

Chinatown Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. redpb97

redpb97 Bobtail Member

Jul 25, 2016
    I have been told by recruiters that is it a better idea to try to get your cdl through a local community college program if you can. This way you are not locked into a contract and you can do research on companies you are interested in. I live in Texas and received a grant through the local Texas Workforce Commission. Best decision for me. I did not like the idea of someone being able to hold hold a high dollar tuition bill over my head if I wanted out.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  4. AdmiralRodCawker

AdmiralRodCawker Bobtail Member

Mar 29, 2016
    But don't you have to be collecting unemployment to get a grant like that? Will they give me one if I'm working full-time but want to change careers?

Chinatown Thanks this.
  5. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Each state has their own rules. For some you can be unemployed or underemployed and qualify.

6. lucasheart

lucasheart Bobtail Member

Jul 23, 2014
    I work in the marketing department at Roehl. It's important to know that Roehl's Get Your CDL Program is not a school. It's a job - you're paid while you learn. Getting your CDL is part of the job. You can learn more about the program at www.roehl.jobs/get-your-cdl

7. atavae

atavae Bobtail Member

Jun 10, 2015
    Really nice how no one answered his actual question about his license I would like to know why is Roehl hiding something?

8. atavae

atavae Bobtail Member

Jun 10, 2015
    I got the answer from one of their recruiters . If you quit before you meet the mileage commitment of 120000 miles you are on the hook for 5 K

Chinatown Thanks this.
  9. Texnmidwest

Texnmidwest Light Load Member

Mar 6, 2015
    At the end of a calendar year I had 132K miles.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  10. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Jim Palmer Trucking has a good cdl school. Did you check it?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.