Roehl Transport, Inc. - Marshfield, Wi.

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Cocky, Apr 22, 2006.

1. TNtrucker07

TNtrucker07 Bobtail Member

Jan 21, 2007
    Road Dog:

How much imput do you get at Roehl on the freight lanes you run? I am in Tenn and I would LOVE running Texas through FL and westward even as far as California but really would like to avoid the NE as much as possible.

:sign2:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Road Dog

Road Dog Medium Load Member

Aug 1, 2006
    TNtrucker07,I dont think Roehl or any other company will guarantee,exactly where you will run.I would prefer to run the southern part of the country,especially TX.and OK.But alas we all have to pay our dues with the NE freight sometimes.My last trip out I went to IN,then Norfolk,VA.,then picked up in Henderson,NC.and delivered in CT.Then pick up in MA.and deliver in Cleveland,OH.Not a very good week,but hey somebodys gotta do it.I think any co.that hauls in all 48 states is gonna have some NE freight for you.Course you can ck.that out with the powers that be at Roehl.

4. Homeboy

Homeboy Light Load Member

May 5, 2006
    touchin' em all
    Hey, Javapunky. I sent you a p.m. I await your response with great anticipation.

5. Homeboy

Homeboy Light Load Member

May 5, 2006
    touchin' em all
    You have zero input in where you run. I too live in the southeast and each time I leave from hometime I am bee lined straight to Massachussets, Vermont, New Hampshire, or Maine. Just don't do as I did and tell one of the dispatchers that you don't like running the northeast. I made this mistake and have been up there for 4 months; each and every time I leave home I am dispatched up there, no exceptions since the first week of November.

6. xr7conv

xr7conv Light Load Member

To sum it up from what I have seen so far. Roehl would be a good place to work. Much like any company there are good and bad experiences but it seems to me from this thread that the good outweighs the bad.

Is this a fair evaluation?

I am about to go into school to obtain my CDL - local government tech school. Eight week program and should be free with government school funds. I am trying to determine who to pursue work with. I think I will put them on the list.

:smt017

7. grayco

grayco Bobtail Member

Mar 6, 2007
    Hey to everyone at Roehl;I sit and read posts on this site for many hours at a time.I keep reading about how GREAT Roehl is.I am not,in any form,knocking or trying to discredit Roehl in any way!It is just seems like someone has bound to have had some kind of problems or issues with them.I have checked out just about every trucking company out there[including Roehl].For some reason,USA Trucking keeps coming back at me.I am also thinking about reconsidering Roehl as well,though.BTW,how are they with Women drivers?Schneider is closet to me,but,I just don't really like anything about that company!Please,anyone out there with a complaint about Roehl?I am very well aware that any/all companies[for the most part]are mostly what we make out of them!Like life itself...Any info is greatly aprreciated!Y'all drivers stay safe out there!!!

8. TNtrucker07

TNtrucker07 Bobtail Member

Jan 21, 2007
    I was accepted into orientation by Roehl and was all set to go next week but I had to call them back and turn them down this morning due to family problems with my (delinquent) teenage son. As a result I am going to be driving for a local outfit that does not hold a candle to Roehl but at least will get me home nightly so I can keep my kid in line. I only hope that Roehl does not hold it against me so I can apply with them again in a few years when my kid is grown and gone!

9. Too-Tall

Too-Tall Light Load Member

Jul 6, 2006
    Pittsburgh PA
    Im a student at All-State Career. i got 5 more weeks before i go from classroom to range/road; however following much advice from people in this forum to choose a company before i get my license.

having used this forum to help guide me, it guided me straight to Roehl. and it is exactly where i wish to work from my first day of on the road training to the day i retire (im 21, so i got a long ways to go for that :biggrin_2559: ) i may be a newbie but im no doe eyed little boy either. i choose roehl for many a great reasons. including what i hear from drivers and what ive learned on my own about thier company.

ive submited my application, i return to school on monday, i am hoping to find a pre-hire waiting for me. if so i will be one happy soon-to-be driver :biggrin_25519:

my only regret at this point, was not getting ####y's name and truck number before submiting my application, marking him down as the driver who refered me. possibly helpin you out with a lil recruiting bonus. for that i applogise for my anxousness to get my app in. however if theres a chance at a follow up, i plan on gathering that information.

10. groovemachine

groovemachine Light Load Member

Mar 8, 2007
    Shawnee, Kansas
    I respect that you are putting your family first. I'm sure if you explain the details they will be willing to give you another chance. Best of luck.

:thumbright:

11. whispers65233

whispers65233 Medium Load Member

Mar 3, 2006
    Boonville, MO
    Well it sounds like you would have no problem. Call them and check them out. Their website is www.roehl.net.
    My husband was just made a driver trainer with them. He goes for orientation 3/20. Good luck to you.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.