Roehl Transport

Discussion in 'Roehl' started by illegal_eagle187, Nov 20, 2008.

1. bowmeyer1

bowmeyer1 Light Load Member

Nov 5, 2008
    wow pretty hardcore...how does making a difficult decision have anything to do with sitting around crying? no ones crying im trying to do whats best for my situation trust me i dont cry... i work mt ##$ off. i have made the difficult decision to go with roehl. i will not b!##$ just roll up my sleeves and gitter done... be seein ya! :biggrin_25519:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Etch-A-Sketch

Etch-A-Sketch Light Load Member

Sep 9, 2008
    The Peach State
    Attitude is everything, if you go into expecting to get done wrong then everything that doesn't go your way will be magnified. This will cause you to get down on the company. I have been with Roehl over a year now and for the better part of the year it has been great. If you yell and scream everytime something goes wrong then you become a problem if you take it with a grain of salt and keep movin then it will be a easy job. You made a smart decision to go with Roehl and if you ever need help feel free to ask me. I run 7/4-7/3 out of Ellenwood but will be moving to Texas and be out of the Garland drop yard next month. I did run national for the first year before switching to 7/4-7/4. Good luck and just remember attitude is 90% of the job.

4. nate596

nate596 Light Load Member

Mar 23, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Bowmeyer, there is nothing wrong with you wanting to do more research or get more opinions. I dont understand where etch a sketch gets off launching on a tangent about how you should be passed over and how you have a bad attitude. Sounds like he has been sitting in a truckstop for a day or two waiting for a load, and needs to take his own advice. Besides etch a sketch, were you not "whining" awhile back about Roehl? I think you were. So bowmeyer, its really a roulette toss. A good attitude will only help you so much. Lucking out with a good dispatcher will be just as important, as well as whats going on with freight. Dont expect to make very much. Just hang in there and make the best of it and play it by ear, good luck.

KingTrucker Thanks this.
  5. Etch-A-Sketch

Sep 9, 2008
    The Peach State
    Well if I was sitting in a truck stop the good thing is I would be getting paid. I am a honor program driver (salary) for Roehl. They allow vets this option for 2 years. So the good news is a am actually sitting at home and still earning my salary.......:biggrin_25525:

6. bowmeyer1

Nov 5, 2008
    im hoping for the 7/4 7/3 since i live in ohio i have no idea what they have planned. not really concerned. i really dont have high expectations my first year as far as pay goes, house payment is 600.00 guess i'll start there. its ok etch-a-sketch has an opinion thats what this place is about, we just didnt understand one another is all. bet your butt i'll do what i can for roehl the rest will be up to them and God.

7. Road Dog

Road Dog Medium Load Member

Aug 1, 2006
    I have been in trucking for 16 yrs.Drove for a few outfits. Am now retired. My last job was with Roehl,and I found them to be a good outfit to work for.Just remember one thing,and that is truck driving is a job and not a paid vacation as some on this site seem to think. I found their dispatcers,and fleet managers to be easy to get along with.If you go with Roehl and you hold your end up,I think you will get along just fine.

8. bowmeyer1

Nov 5, 2008
    as a joke......you mean i gotta get rid of all this suntan lotion and my shovel and bucket? d@%n it! lol

9. zeba town

zeba town Bobtail Member

Feb 15, 2008
    Gwinn mi
    Etch I went to Roehl because I was told they were the best and had miles. They were not my first company. Roehl is not what they say. I took home less and had to stay out longer to take what I did home. The people are great they will treat you with respect and the pay was on time. however I signed up to drive not sit at a truck stop for 20 hrs. around that time the dsr will give a 200 mile load that picks up in 3 hrs and delivers in 26 hrs. that way you dont collect layover pay. I was optimistic when I signed on.
    So no I am not happy with roehl, but just want these other newbies to know that national van is not the way to go. flatbedders get our freight reefers get our freight so maybe try those. I've heard they both are still getting 2300 miles. most van drivers i've talked to are in my position.

So for the last 2 months i have no miles with a family to feed and an eviction to deal with. This isn't Roehl fault it is mine. I should have stayed put, hell i even liked where i was.

I went back to gunville called while i was not driving for Roehl.

10. Etch-A-Sketch

Sep 9, 2008
    The Peach State
    Zeba, the one thing I have seen at Roehl is that if you are on the national van fleet you tend to get the short end of the stick. I did run that fleet for the first year and at times I was very frustrated. Roehl has a commitment to all the drivers on the hometime fleets so the planners tend to give national what ever is left over. I have had my Dsr admit that to me. Good luck with your job and eviction, my prayers will be with you.

11. Lilbit

Lilbit Road Train Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Let me check my logbook
    Yep!:biggrin_255: Not going to get much use out of either of those two things!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.